Add .tib to a Rescue disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sluytman, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sluytman

sluytman Registered Member

Hi,

I am having problems with adding .tib files to a Acronis rescue boot disk.

The .iso selection I have created includes the "safe" and "full", so there is 3 check boxes selected using Acronis True Image 10.

I don't understand why I can not just open the .iso with a .iso editor program and just add a folder ("TIB") with a .tib file, save it, then burn it using Nero.

Anywho, I could use some help with this.

I am having problems finding online guides/links to complete this. For the past couple of days I have just been doin trial and error. I did it a year ago, but seem to have misplaced my records as to how I did it.

I have created a .bif file and tried to make a .iso from scratch, but have had no luck.

Do you know of a site that explains what I need, step by step, in detail?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The feature to create the True Image rescue media and include the Backup Image at the same time is included in ver. 10. But it is buried so deep, you would never find it in a month of Sundays. :D

Go here: Tools/Options/Default Backup Options/Media Components/Advanced Tab.

I don't know of a way of adding the Backup into an iso of the Rescue disc, but I think it has been covered in depth a long time ago in another thread.

3. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

As a test I believe I just accomplished what you are trying to do. It’s not clear however as to why you would want to have a [.tib] image file on the Rescue Media CD. Frequently/usually it won’t fit on a CD. If you are using a DVD I can’t comment as I have no experience with that.

I routinely do something ‘similar’ but I don’t create an [.iso] image of it. With a new build of TrueImage that I want to try, I create a Rescue Media CD, usually with Roxio Easy CD Creator v.6. This provides a CD with a single folder named Recovery Manager. To that CD I add additional files such as the downloaded TI executable file, purchase information, the User Guide etc. In that manner I have everything that I want reference to on a single CD.

With that done I see no reason why you couldn’t create an [.iso] image from that CD that includes all of the files you want including your [.tib] file. Roxio, Nero or the free ImgBurn [http://www.imgburn.com/] should work to create the ISO from that.

I hope I understand your goal correctly.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Or, another variation would be the Acronis Bootable hard drive such as the one created by MudCrab in my signature below. Then the disk can be Acronis TI bootable and you can have a copy of multiple backups on the same disk.

5. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

If you have an ISO editing program you can do it, you open the true image iso file, stick your tib (prefereably in it's own folder) in there. Next save it with a new name. You can then burn this onto a DVD and it will be bootable.

But I think this will only work if you have a TIB that is small enough to fit in one DVD. I don't think it will be pratical if you have to span dvd's. I've done it with UltraISO but I think other ISO editors will also work. When I tried it, it work like a champ. You bootup to the true image recovery screen, then you just browse to your tib, which is in the same boot DVD.

Just make sure you only use high quality blank dvd's if you will be relying on dvd's (recommend verbatims or sony's).

6. Aussie42

Aussie42 Registered Member

UltraISO is a good option to check out as suggested.
    http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/

With this you open the ISO that you made with TI, add your TIB file and burn to DVD, no need to resave the ISO first!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.