add network driver to ti boot-cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bert Moos, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bert Moos

Bert Moos Registered Member

dear ti gurus,

i tried to boot from the original bootmedium ti 9.1 for windows server. ti does not recognize the nic installed on the board. is there a way to add the driver.

please note: i did not create a rescue boot cd for this server. i just tried to boot from the acronis original medium out of the box.

thanx alot
    bert

2. Bert Moos

Bert Moos Registered Member

ti 9.1 does not recognize marvel gigabit eth

dear forum
    i just tried to boot from the rescue medium created with acronis ti 9.1 server latest build to find out, that ti does not recognize the onboard marvell gigabit eth-adapter. what can i do ? i need to access the network !

thanx alot
    bert

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bert Moos,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site. To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software.

Please recreate your Acronis Bootable Media after updating.

Most probably, the support of this network adapter is implemented in the latest build.

If the problem persists with the latest build, please create Windows System Information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. Please also provide the exact model and vendor of the hardware. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

P.S. Please also note that a possible workaround is to use BartPE based CD allowing one to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment adding the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in the computer at startup.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.