Add Existing Archive to BR 10 Suite Database

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by reedm, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedm

reedm Registered Member

I created a backup archive using BR10 Free. The next day, I used BR10 Free to create a differential backup archive, which it did just fine. I then, a couple of days later, opened BR10 Suite and attempted to add that archive and its associated differential archive to the BR10 Suite database. I selected the archive, with the differential showing as a nested folder below, and added it to the database. Only the full backup was added to the BR10 Suite database. I highlighted the differential backup, and the add button was greyed out. I was able to only add one differential file at a time to the database. Since there are a lot of files in the differential backup folder, this would be very tedious.

It seems to me, that when adding an archive to the database, that any nested differential backups should also be added to the database. What is the technique to get the differential backups added along with the base archive?

Reed

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hi Reedm,

In your C:\archive_db

copy "arcdir" to C:\archdb

and rename it to archdb.ptl

3. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Thanks Paragon_Tommy, that seems to work.

Does it work because archive_db is the database for BR10 Free and archdb is the database for BR 10 Suite?

Reed

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Correct. I think previously with Drive Backup 9, those files were located in the program folders, but now it's been moved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.