Add command for the Run Box

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Dina, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dina

Dina Registered Member

i actually use the windows run box (start menu, run) quite frequently for running some programs.

is there a way to customize the commands? add or maybe edit.

for example, i use xplorer2 as a file manager, when i type "xplorer2" in the run box, it opens that app. is there a file i can edit somewhere (or anywhere in the registry) so ill just type "x" and it will open xplorer2?

also, add some commands. so i can just type winamp... and then it will open winamp... and so on.

thanks for the time.

2. dog

dog Guest

You can add application paths in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\example.exe ... but many programs do this as part of their install routine. I don't think there's a way to create aliases thought. :doubt:

Why not just create keyboard shortcuts instead?

3. Coff

Coff Registered Member

ExeCmd (freeware) from http://www.puppypc.com/windows/tt/launch_programs_faster.htm#execmd

I'v had this program a while but never really used it. Within the program, I tried renaming Keyword agentransack.exe to x.exe and registering the change in ExeCmd. I opened Run and typed in x, then OK, and AgentRansack opened. You can have a fiddle about with the program anyway to see if it fits your purposes.

4. Dina

Dina Registered Member

Thanks dog thanks Coff will try execmd. Good day to both of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.