Adblock Plus problem

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by CiX, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CiX

CiX Registered Member

When I visit some website I notice there are some problem with Adblock plus
    Adblock Plus disable
    before.JPG
    Adblock Plus enable
    after.JPG
    o_O

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Yes, so list the blocked elements in ABP and re-enable the one you want on that site... See, if dimensions match well known banner stuff it may happen, also the images might get served from a site you've blocked in ABP before etc. It's not a bug or anything, just a problem with generic rules.

3. CiX

CiX Registered Member

Hmm, there are lots of address block by ABP, but I dont know which one I should allow.
    Here's the list:
    ad-bad-urls.jpg

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well, right-click on the thing when ABP is disabled and see what the properties tell you. Or view the source code for that page. I get a red WOT status with about the worst rating possible when I clicked on hxxp://www.arcadebanners.com/banners...ssc=1148665877 link so sorry but I have no desire to investigate this for you.

arcadebanners.com WOT rating - please make the link non-clickable or better remove it. Might as well get some drive-by malware downloads for people. :thumbd: :mad:

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  5. CiX

CiX Registered Member

Nevermind, I cant find the address, so I just enable it at that page

All the link is non-clickable now.

6. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

If Adblock Plus can block something the context menu should say- "Adblock Plus: Block *whatever*" (usually image). I think this is about the easiest way to use it. You can drive yourself nuts trying to figure out what all those items in the "Blockable items" list are.

In the Preferences>Options you can set it to show a tab on Flash and Java elements which you can theoretically click to block them but I never had much luck getting it to work very well. I've had a lot better luck with NoScript (Firefox add-on) for Flash and Java.

7. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

The screenshots are in a div called "adbox" so you probably have a filter rule called ##DIV.adbox rather than you blocking a domain, because other images you don't have blocked are served from the same domain.

So take a look at your element hiding rules for the adbox div.

8. Wladimir Palant

Wladimir Palant Registered Member

9. CiX

CiX Registered Member

Thanks, this solve the problem ;)
    I hope they will fix this problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.