Adblock Plus is Launching an Ad Exchange

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Sep 13, 2016.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Firstly, we need to realize why people including me for many years (began with Ad Muncher but moved then to Adguard) are using ad blocking applications. Simply because ads how they are presented nowadays are mostly obtrusive or anyhow distracting, breaking pages etc. thus making browsing totally uncomfortable. Providing that ads will be in a decent unobtrusive form I don't have a problem to accept them. However I strongly doubt it will ever happen. Therefore I for one will be further using Adguard and munching (reminiscence of good old Ad Muncher - R.I.P.) as many ads as possible.

3. Marcelo

Marcelo Registered Member

Isn't Ad Muncher back in development? Anyway I would have no trouble if advertisements were not doing such things as steal window focus, autoplaying videos and sounds, etc.

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

As far as I know it's a dead project.

5. anon

anon Registered Member

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes exactly, I welcome these type of initiatives, I think ABP and perhaps Brave might have a chance to fix the online advertising system. Non-intrusive ads would be a pretty good start, but they should also stop with the tracking, and I'm not so sure if companies are willing to do this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.