AdAware question Plz

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jazzy1120, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzy1120

jazzy1120 Registered Member

just a curious question Plz about adaware se, still having (is anyone else also)this problem & don't know IF my computer/system or IF i need to make an adhust ment in adaware se, (run win98se 256 ram,DSL )
    when trying to run adaware se wit will run,pause,run,pause then when going through maybe 36,000 count will lock lock/free, any suggestions?
    have run virus ck, NONE,have also ckeck run test no hijackers,thanks & take care ok, "jazzy"

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

A friend of mine recently had a problem with Ad-aware se and I sent him in the direction of a previous edition, I think Ad-aware pro first edition and he could run a perfect scan. Don't know why.

By the way, this thread is probably going to get moved to a more suitable location.

Jimbob

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi jazzy,
    I'm using Ad-Aware SE Plus 1.05 and I don't have any problems running a scan. I do however recall a previous version which caused a freeze. :)
    If I recall exactly this previous version would simply freeze on the host files. :doubt:

Are you using the same version, meaning 1.05?
    If not, download the new version and see if the freeze repeats itself.

I hope it can help. ;)

Mod/Admin: Please move this thread to its appropriate location? Thanks in advance.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Very good suggestion Eldar. :)

I was having this exact problem a while back till i updated to 1.05. ;)

snowbound

5. Jimbob1989

If I remember right, a build was released which did not work properly and a replacement was brought out a few weeks later. However, I'm not completely sure what the issue was with the faulty version.

Someone else maybe able to elighten me.

Jimbob

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I had this problem before but it was with version 6, not the second edition. You could still try the fix Lavasoft had me use then as it might still work. I have not had the problem with SE...

Open the configuration window for AdAware.
    Go to "Tweak Settings" >>> "Scanning Engine" >>> and check "Run scan as background process (Low CPU usage)" ....

It would not hurt to try this....

HTH....

7. Jimbob1989

8. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

We kicked this around over at the Lavasoft forums when that build came out, and while only some users (including myself) encountered the problem, just about all of us who did got it at the same specific point in deep-scanning the registry.

Don't think we ever did hear what the problem really was, but I've got a semi-educated guess. When the "fixed" version was made available a couple of days later, it was not assigned a new version or build number. So I suspect that the program itself was fine all along, but the installer exe somehow got corrupted in the process of getting uploaded to Majorgeeks, and had to be re-uploaded.

9. jazzy1120

THANK U Everyone,

gor the advice & help, I am useing ""ADAWARE SE Personal,vuild 105, and also I am going to try to run adaware & by
    ""Open the configuration window for AdAware.
    Go to "Tweak Settings" >>> "Scanning Engine" >>> and check "Run scan as background process (Low CPU usage)" ....

abd see if that helps, if now will un install all adaware,LAVA SOFT, reboot then try to re install again (NEW) THANK U FOR THE HELP OK & TAKE CARE , "JAZZY"

10. puff-m-d

You are most welcome Jazzy. Let us know how it goes....

11. jazzy1120

thak U everyone,

for the suggestions,ran a COMPLETE scan after the changes made, ran,pause,ran pause all clean,"jazzy1120

12. puff-m-d

Re: thak U everyone,

Sorry for the language differences, but I assume you are saying that the tweak above fixed your locking/freezing problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.