Adaware Not Working

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Heath, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heath

Heath Registered Member

My adaware is version 6.0, just recentally downloaded from the site, because i reinstalled my computer, and, for some reason, it dosnt work anything like before, when i open it, it stays on the opening screen for like 3 or 4 minutes, after that, which i have to watch, because it freezes my computer, it goes to the main screen, i click update, it does that fairly quick, and i run the test, after the test is complete, i click select all objects, and fix, it quarantenes them and then it freezes, it may show the deleting objects screen, but the bar goes nowhere, and at that point either i leave for it to finish which it does in about 30 minutes, or i have to cntrl alt delete, and go to the processes window, and end process (windows xp professional) and at that time, it says explorer has encountered a problem and will now close, but it closes the adaware, and in a matter of time, my computer is back to running fast again, so can anyone help?

2. Jwrobes

Jwrobes Registered Member

Me too!

I have been hikacked by a serachpage on my homepage...which I ask about in another post.

So I have gone throught he steps...downloaded Adaware, (already had spybot) downloaded cwshredder, and then hijackthis. But my adaware freezes after a few minutes. Is this cause I've been hijacked and am stuck on searchpage?

Thank!

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I see u have both posted logs in different threads so just be patient and the experts will be along to give u recommendations on this problem and any other Malware found.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.