Adaware conflicts (violently) with PG ?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by f.consiglio, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f.consiglio

f.consiglio Guest

I have Adaware SE Plus on my Pc : till now it never had conflicts with PG. But from the PG log I see that this morning AdAware tried to gain write, suspend, set info and terminate access on all and every .exe file in the system. Is it normal? Should I give in ? Thanks for the help

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

f.consiglio - The only time I've seen anything similar is when I installed a new verion of Adaware. When I did some related process tried to get write, suspend,... access to a number of apps. But after installation was complete, everything works fine. Did this happen during your upgrade to the latest version of Adaware?

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi f.consiglio, Are you referring to AdAware or AdWatch? As the latter is the only resdient part of AA SE, when AdWatch is enabled it polls your PC regularly with significant CPU usage averaging about 3 or 4% on my PC when PG is enabled even giving it all allows.
    I am trying to find out what part of AdWatch is causing this ATM or if PG is blocking something that AdWatch is trying to access though nothing shows in the PG log.
    Jason is aware of this problem but it may just be my set up :)

Cheers. Pilli

4. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I am seeing the same type of CPU utilization increase with the new AdAware SE Plus's Ad-Watch and PG as you see Pilli. So it is not just your box. I've monitored and confirmed it several times on each new Build of SE. Lavasoft has not responded to any of my inquiries about it (comparing Ad-Watch in V6.181 to SE).

5. f.consiglio

f.consiglio Guest

Hi Dazed,
    not exactly: I have upgraded to SE Plus but that happenend more than a week ago. Meanwhile I have received the following answer from DiamondCS support, which I transcript here as it may be of general interest:
    "This is due to the way PG works, it intercepts all "OpenProcess" calls from one process opening another
    The new version will have completely different look and feel and wont alarm unless something actually does try to terminate or modify another program*
    For now, if you have any trusted program doing this, add it to the list and give it full "allow" access so it can do anything it wants :) you do trust that process after all.."
    Best regards
    fc

6. ?f.consiglio

?f.consiglio Guest

Hi Pilli,
    it is AdAware.exe which starts the conflict : PG becomes blue from rage as soon as AdaAware begins a scan.
    Cheers
    fc

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

You need to add AdAware.exe to your protection list and give it all the allows necessary as derived from the PG log, this should sort out that problem and leave adaware to get on with it's job :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.