Ad-Watch - Resource use + Ad-Watch vs Teatimer.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by muf, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muf

muf Registered Member

Ad-Watch - The resident part of Ad-Aware Plus/Pro.

The daft situation is they don't have a trial available so that you can try it out. We all know Ad-aware is a great scanner. But what about when you wish to upgrade to the Plus or Pro version? Now my main gimme is the Ad-Watch feature. My problem is that i have no idea what it's resource use is. I don't want to purchase it if the Ad-Watch feature uses 30mb and brings my system to it's knee's. Is there anyone here who has it and can confirm the resource use. For example, i use Teatimer(Spybot resident protection) and it shows a resource use of 6.5mb and uses less than 0.5% of my CPU while running. So how does Ad-Watch compare?

I think that Ad-Watch could be a better alternative to use than Teatimer as Ad-Aware has better detection rates than Spybot. If using Ad-Watch instead of Teatimer improves my protection then i'm all for it. Of course i'll try running both together at first to see if that works ok. I'm also curious as to the overlap. Does Ad-Watch look for the same malware as Spybot i.e does Ad-Watch look for spy cookies which Teatimer does. Or keyloggers, dialers, hijackers etc.

So ultimately i'm looking for views on:
    1. The resource use of Ad-watch.
    2. Ad-Watch vs Teatimer in terms of what they monitor for.

Thanks,
    muf

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi muf,
    I'm using Ad-aware Plus, so here's a screenshot of the CPU.
    It doesn't use much memory. :)

Attached Files:

3. muf

muf Registered Member

Eldar,

Thanks for the quick reply. That's very encouraging. I'll see if anyone else wants to add their experieces and if everyone says the same as you then i'm going to purchase Ad-aware plus or pro.

muf

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi Muf,

overhere adwatch is stating 5,9 mb in memory.

very pleased about that and better then the previous version 6 :D

you are right by saying it is a great scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.