"ad-watch" real time monitor in adaware Se

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hadi, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadi

hadi Guest

I have these creatures installed: adawareSE Pro 1.05, spywareblaster. spybot, M$ antispyware, spywareguard. NOD32 etc.
    My question: Is it necessary to activate the real time monitor "adwatch" in adaware
    and can you guys please tell me how good is adaware real time monitor "adwatch" compare to say M$ antispyware "real time protection" and can these two (M$ antispyware "real time protection" and adaware real time monitor "adwatch") run together. Thanks

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I don't use the realtime "monitor". cause it only functions as a popup/site blocker, registry protector (very limited)...
    I ditched it first for teatimer (much more usefull imho) and few months ago I dropped teatimer for Giant AS (M$ AS). it offers better protection then the rest.
    I'll probably will ditch Giant AS too soon cause I have regdefend/pg/ewido/nod32 and nothing is coming in without ewido/nod32 noticing it :)

3. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I have tried them, they can work together. My pc was very slow running them. Now i dont run neither MS spy nor adwatch se (prefer counterspy).
    Regarding adwatch.... i dont like it.
    My current scheme is : NOD32, Counterspy, Zonealarm Pro. My pc runs perfect.

4. hadi

hadi Guest

please what is -regdefend/pg/ewido/nod32- and how is it being done

me too

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi Hadi, Regdefend, Processguard, Ewido and Nod32 are Security Programs. nothing get past those four at the moment...

you can find all the info here on the forum

6. zoriv

zoriv Registered Member

If you just surf some sites for spy killers and look the reviews, you'll see that lavasoft ad aware is #1, including and realtime protection. I used MS antyspyware, but my opinion for this software is not so high.
    Don't warry, just keep on use adaware (with optionad watch), more-less and with an other antyspyware you mentioned, you have good protection on yr pc.

7. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Hadi,

I have all of the products you mentioned. Like Infinity, I added ProcessGuard for program execution protection (i.e. programs cannot run unless I give them permission), and RegDefend which does a fabulous job of watching the registry - much better than Ad-watch. I also use Ewido for Trojan protection and I use Kaspersky 4.5 for my first line anti-malware protection (it does a superb job with viruses, trojans, spyware, and other types of riskware).

You can go to the Ghost Security forum, on Wilders to read about RegDefend (very easy to install) and the DiamonCS forum to read about ProcessGuard. Both products do have a learning curve, because you will get alerts and have to decide whether to permit or deny an event (e.g. an update to the registry), but with a little help from this forum, you should be able to get up to speed and in the process really increase your security.

I highly recommend both products if you feel that you can get through the learning curve. Otherwise, I agree, that CounterSpy or Tea Timer provide better protection than Ad-watch - at least in my experiences.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.