Ad-Aware Support?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by WilliamP, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have been a long time user of Ad-Aware Plus,which is the pay version. Well when it was updated to SE I couldn't install it due to a corrupt file. Got on their forum and tried everything that was suggested. Didn't work. Tried a dozen times ,no luck. Corruped file. I can install the free version no problem. E Mailed support . No response. Stick with the free version.

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi WilliamP....

Redundant question I suppose, but did you try downloading the PLUS.exe again, from the email link you would have received to upgrade, as the original .exe may have been the cause.

If so, you could also uninstall the free one [presume you still have the original .exe of that], then do a thorough search of your system and delete anything with Lavasoft in it, and try the PLUS version again.

Afraid I cannot comment any further on your support problems mate, as that's up to Lavasoft. Usually Nicholas and team are pretty on the ball.

Cheers, TAS :)

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I deleted everything including folders. Shut down all security. I tried at least a dozen times with the same result. I can install the free version with no problem. I was hoping they would give me a new link,user name,and password. No response from support. I provided everything they need to prove that I paid for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.