Ad-aware Problem with viruses

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Jimbob1989, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I am using Ad-aware Pro SE with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 and I have noticed a strange re-occurance. When I am running scans in Ad-aware and it scans other the quarinitine folder containing the viruses that could not be removed, McAfee's warning box pops up saying that a virus was detected in the quarinitine folder and that it was moved, however its still in the same folder.

Jimbob

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Deleting the files were a bit of a pain as well. Had to disable on access protection just to delete the files. However, there is still the strange activity caused by Ad-aware.

Jimbob

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Jimbob - This probably has something to do with this: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=14501 .

Funny things sometimes happen when your A/V is running resident when you do an AA scan, IOW. So you might just want to try dis-abling your A/V's resident protection when running AA scans, as suggested. Pete

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I believe it has to do with the unpacking capacities of Adaware which are I think very good. so if adaware unpacks something , your av might popup.

Inf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.