Ad-Aware pro max protecting

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by osama aani, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osama aani

osama aani Registered Member

hi all, how i can get maximum protecting in Ad-Aware pro by setting?
    iam a new user for this software and iam looking for help to how use AD-Aware.
    thanks for all.

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

There's not much to really do actually, just have AdWatch running, and check updates about once a week should suffice.

The settings in AdAware itself relate to when actually scanning your PC, depends on what you want scanned or not.

Check out the Help File for various scanning options, etc.

With AdWatch running, it looks for the sites listed in its Popup filter to block, and you can add more if you come across a site and it did not block any popups from it while running

Other than that, just go thru the Settings [the Gear Icon, second from left on top right of interface] and check each setting out. There is a lot to look at, but most of it is so simple to understand anyway, and mostly for how you want it to run.

The only thing I would do first up, start AdWatch running, open it, and select 'Tools' [bottom right button] | Options, and check 'Load AdWatch on Windows Startup', [see pic] just to make sure its running otherwise you would have to remember each time to start it manually. If its not running, then you are defeating the purpose in purchasing the PRO version.

Anyhow, just have a good look at all the options in AdAware and AdWatch to see what suits.

Cheers, TAS

PS: Feel free to post asking specific setting questions if unsure, and I/someone whall tell you what I/they have in my/their personal settings, but basically you can leave alone for a bit until you get used to it, apart from setting AdWatch to start with windows IMO.

Attached Files:

3. osama aani

osama aani Registered Member

thank you very much Tassie_Devils's for your fine reply .
    i will try to do your recommendation.
    best regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.