Ad-Aware Pro Internet Security Questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kevin523, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin523

Kevin523 Registered Member

Hello all,
    I hope everyone is doing well. I was recently browsing the software store at http://store.v3.co.uk and came across a deal where I could get Ad-Aware Pro Internet Security for 1 PC for 3 years for $20. I purchased a license and got my order from Cleverbridge - however when I went to activate the key it said the license was valid for a little less than 2 years. Well after emailing the store owner and then getting in contact with Ad-Aware (I have to say support has been excellent on both ends) I finally got my situation straightened out and was given a 3 year key.

When I was reading the descro[topm it said that it was antispyware/antimalware plus antivirus. According to the review the antivirus engine was provided by Avira. So I figured that's not a bad price to have an Avira engine plus Lavasoft Ad-Aware signatures. But then I thought I read somewhere that Lavasoft is now using Bullguard engine. So I guess my questions are:
    1. Does anyone know what engine Ad-Aware Pro Internet Security Pro is using?
    2. Has anyone ever had any experiences with it?

I realize the installer is a little big but I didn't mind. Yes it's a little slow starting up, but I love that it checks for updates when I first turn on my PC and it has a simple yet effective user interface.

Anyway if people wouldn't mind offering their input and helping me figure out what antivirus engine the product is using I'd appreciate it.

I have been extremly happy with Ad-Aware Pro so far - once it's loaded the system seems quite responsive to me.

2. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

1. For engine it is using the Vipre/Sunbelt engine, which is a very good engine for it to be using.

2. No experience with it personally some says its heavy on their machine but others used it with no problem. I heard it was a little heavy on boot but after that it was lighter.

3. gery

gery Registered Member

i thought ADWARE uses G-Data engine. Only the free adware uses Viper but i may be totally wrong.
    Edit; i had once installed the pro version from a promotion and it was a nightmare to install update and so on. Uninstallation was not so problematic but it sure felt very very heavy on my laptop (only 1 gig ram). and internet connection became painfully slow . I gave up the next day. But maybe they have changed it who knows

4. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Same as Bitdefender that I installed last three months ago.:rolleyes:

5. jason_jiang

jason_jiang Registered Member

ad-aware free and pro use both vipre engine and their own engine, but ad-aware total security is an OEM version of GDATA.

6. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the support and glad you're happy with Ad-Aware Pro and we managed to resolve the activation problem with your code. Any problems, let us know.

Chris.

7. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

I have excellent experience with store.v3.Not be advertising,
    but really a good cooperation with support...
    I bought Ad-Aware total security for frends...
    it is true,Ad-Aware total security it's a g-data,only the colors changed and the sign.

8. Kevin523

Kevin523 Registered Member

I also have to agree. store.v3.co.uk has excellent support and they went out of their way to ensure I was satisfied with my purchase. You don't see that often from corporations these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.