Ad-Aware Pro Internet Security Questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kevin523, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin523

Kevin523 Registered Member

Hello all,
    I hope everyone is doing well. I was recently browsing the software store at http://store.v3.co.uk and came across a deal where I could get Ad-Aware Pro Internet Security for 1 PC for 3 years for $20. I purchased a license and got my order from Cleverbridge - however when I went to activate the key it said the license was valid for a little less than 2 years. Well after emailing the store owner and then getting in contact with Ad-Aware (I have to say support has been excellent on both ends) I finally got my situation straightened out and was given a 3 year key.

When I was reading the descro[topm it said that it was antispyware/antimalware plus antivirus. According to the review the antivirus engine was provided by Avira. So I figured that's not a bad price to have an Avira engine plus Lavasoft Ad-Aware signatures. But then I thought I read somewhere that Lavasoft is now using Bullguard engine. So I guess my questions are:
    1. Does anyone know what engine Ad-Aware Pro Internet Security Pro is using?
    2. Has anyone ever had any experiences with it?

I realize the installer is a little big but I didn't mind. Yes it's a little slow starting up, but I love that it checks for updates when I first turn on my PC and it has a simple yet effective user interface.

Anyway if people wouldn't mind offering their input and helping me figure out what antivirus engine the product is using I'd appreciate it.

I have been extremly happy with Ad-Aware Pro so far - once it's loaded the system seems quite responsive to me.

2. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

1. For engine it is using the Vipre/Sunbelt engine, which is a very good engine for it to be using.

2. No experience with it personally some says its heavy on their machine but others used it with no problem. I heard it was a little heavy on boot but after that it was lighter.

3. gery

gery Registered Member

i thought ADWARE uses G-Data engine. Only the free adware uses Viper but i may be totally wrong.
    Edit; i had once installed the pro version from a promotion and it was a nightmare to install update and so on. Uninstallation was not so problematic but it sure felt very very heavy on my laptop (only 1 gig ram). and internet connection became painfully slow . I gave up the next day. But maybe they have changed it who knows

4. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Same as Bitdefender that I installed last three months ago.:rolleyes:

5. jason_jiang

jason_jiang Registered Member

ad-aware free and pro use both vipre engine and their own engine, but ad-aware total security is an OEM version of GDATA.

6. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the support and glad you're happy with Ad-Aware Pro and we managed to resolve the activation problem with your code. Any problems, let us know.

Chris.

7. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

I have excellent experience with store.v3.Not be advertising,
    but really a good cooperation with support...
    I bought Ad-Aware total security for frends...
    it is true,Ad-Aware total security it's a g-data,only the colors changed and the sign.

8. Kevin523

Kevin523 Registered Member

I also have to agree. store.v3.co.uk has excellent support and they went out of their way to ensure I was satisfied with my purchase. You don't see that often from corporations these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.