Ad-Aware plus 24 hours promotion

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

2. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

This is a nice deal for anyone who wants the Ad-Aware Antimalware engine + the Sunebelt AV engine :thumb:

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Not for me...:(:)

4. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

It looks like it uses the previous Vipre engine version 3.2. I wonder how long it will take to switch over to the current one? I haven't seen a whole lot of reviews of this product.

How come it just scans Outlook mail and not the countless other email clients? I noticed it had a conflict with AVG Linkscanner just like Vipre. How come we can't have a real license in case we need to uninstall it and put it back on at a later date?

5. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

To me, Lavasoft sunk years ago. I remember the days of running it alongside SpyBotSD as the "must have" on-demand anti-malware software of the day. It just got worse from there.

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I install this and it was constantly crashing and would not even open.

Eventually it decided to start working (I'm not sure why).

I ran a scan with it and it gave several false positives which appeared to be deliberate. I found this to be the case last time I used Ad-Aware too, not sure how long ago - maybe about two years back.

This is unethical behavior but not entirely surprising considering the issue with ZeroSpyware a few years back. ZeroSpyware was found to be safe but Lavasoft for a long time continued to identify it as a threat, and furthermore if you ran the ZeroSpyware's uninstaller after Ad-Aware had removed ZeroSpyware then according to posts made at the time by makers of ZeroSpyware, important Windows files would be deleted.

7. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

it will not work together with MBAM Pro.:mad:

and Its bloated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.