Ad-aware 6 or Ad-aware SE Personal

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mangotree1382, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Are Ad-aware 6 and Ad-aware SE Personal the same program? I can't seem to find any information about Ad-aware 6 on the Lavasoft website.

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi mangotree...

AdAware 6 is only going to be supported for a little while, as the new version is AdAware SE....

So, I suggest if you still run just AdAware 6, download the personal SE [still FREE], uninstall 6 and install SE.

It's very nice btw ;)

or... if you feel like shelling out the cash, get SE PLUS or SE PRO so you can have AdWatch monitor in real time. That's very cool.

Cheers, TAS

3. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Well I guess.... If you don't use an NTFS file system the only added feature of SE is usage tracks cleaning, which I guess is definitely a plus. As far as version 6 not being supported anymore: it DOES have the newer definition file, that is (I believe) the only information about v6 you can find on Lavasoft's site.

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I would strongly recommend ad-aware SE personal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.