Ad Aware 1.06 Build 1610 Problems ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Hard Rocker, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

Hi, :D

Are there any known issues with the latest Ad Aware Version 1.06 .... Build 1610 ? I would like to download the upgrade but I'm also concerned about any problems or " bugs " that might exist with the program at this point in time.

HR :cool:

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I downloaded it as soon as it was available and have had no problems so far.

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

seems superior to 1.05 so far. Faster anyway!

4. Hard Rocker

:D Thanks for the info guys ..... so I guess it's NOT like the latest version of SpySweeper !!

I'll certainly download it soon.

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

It's been running fine for me as well. :cool:

6. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

No prob here

7. Hard Rocker

Hi, :)

I installed the new 1.06 version last night and so far it is performing extremely well !! :D

The only problem I had .... was uninstalling the previous version.

For some strange reason when I removed it from the Add / Remove Programs location .... it did NOT uninstall the 1.05 version. o_O

I removed all of the folders manually & had no problem installing the newer version .... mind you .... but I'm wondering if by doing this I have left some kind of mess within the registry.

Thoughts anyone ?

8. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Hard Rocker,

When I uninstalled 1.05, I rebooted. Then I ran RegSeeker which did find entries for AdAware within the registry. I removed them all, rebooted, and then installed 1.06.

No probs as of yet.

Jag

9. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I had problems uninstalling 1.05 from my computer - could not open install log. I tried to install it again and it told me 'removing old' etc went to uninstall same error. I think there must have been a log corruption as all was not removed last time.

I had to manually find and remove Ad-aware as I think this 'bug' which was in v6 of Ad-aware was due to an over the top install which must not have registered my other version correctly, similar to Hard Rocker.

I am now in the situation that I don't know if I should install the new version or not as I do not want the same issue as I had yesterday :( I have cleaned manually and also used my Reg. cleaner and hope everything will go fine now.

Spybot uninstalled/installed fine it was only when I tried Ad-aware next I had problems. I have MSBAS plus Spybot as scanners (av/at etc) and also have SpyBlocker & Stopper so would only use Ad-aware as previously for scanning.

I hope a clean install would not have any uninstall issues next time. I have never had spyware as I am careful but as soon as I would decide not to install something would be there the others miss :'( maybe attempt my install now I have read this post.

10. Hard Rocker

:) Good Luck Robyn ........ let us know what happens !!

11. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I think this means I will have to try my install (which I have been putting off :rolleyes: ) I did have Ad-aware Plus but stopped using Ad-watch so I think I will just install the free version this time rather than having Ad-watch sitting doing nothing. I will post back 'if' I install over the weekend (maybe sooner than I thought ;) )

12. Hard Rocker

:D Hi,

I have Ad Aware SE Plus as well & I do NOT like Ad- Watch !!

In fact I haven't touched it since the new install ....... it still shows Ad-Watch status as ...... not available. Each time I had tried fooling around with it previously ( with 1.05 ) it seemed to cause issues with other PC monitoring programs I have running. :(

Take it easy for now,

13. wyrmrider

wyrmrider Registered Member

Ad Aware still detects Zero-Spyware

I went through the struggle to reinstall Zero Spyware
    Antivir Heuristics did not like the downloader
    Ran a Scan- found four "unknown objects"
    The earthlink execuitable, AV signature file, Rundll32, etc
    were not flagged in RED- just as unknown- I ignored

Now Ad-Aware 1.06
    15 Critical objects found
    Zero Spyware TAC 3

Remember!
    Removing Zero-Spyware with ad-aware can permanetly corrupt your system!

Wyrmrider

Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  14. Hard Rocker

:eek: I do recall reading ( in another forum ) about the Ad Aware / Zero Spyware issue. Very scary !!

If I remember correctly what happens is ..... when both programs are installed on a PC ..... Ad Aware detects the Zero Spyware uninstaller as malware and if any steps are taken with Ad Aware ..... it then corrupts the Zero Spyware uninstaller. :(

Then if an attempt to uninstall Zero Spyware is launched ..... Zero Spyware begins deleting Windows Files instead of itself. :'(

Therefore, as Wyrmrider has stated the PC in question becomes permanently corrupted !!!!! :mad:

15. wyrmrider

wyrmrider Registered Member

YOU ROCK

VERRY CORRECT

Zero-spyware was to have corrected their installer/ uninstaller but I have not verified- I'm not that brave- anyone know

but there are lot's of old zero-spyware users out there waiting to get bit by this conflict

Ad-Aware has been Aware of this problem since ver 1.04 or almost a year
    why no fix?

wyrmrider

btw
    on this test zero-spyware found some remanents of bonzi buddy and a couple of other real things

no trace of my nemesis ---DAP

16. Ti7

Ti7 Guest

hi people im from Russia i dont know where to find ad-aware se personal or professional if someone already have it please send it to me. I have a lot of cool! programs for your PCs!!! and I will give it to you! and you give me what i want! e-mail address snipped to prevent harvesting

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2005
  17. dog

dog Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.