Active@ Disk Image Annual Support and Updates adds 4 qty?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

is this normal? and if so why does it add 4 of them? can someone clarify how their upgrade policy works? it says first year free but if i add the upgrades firstly how much time does it add? and second can i edit it and change it to qty 1? will i loose anything by doing that? i like the software and will add it to my collection lol but i cant find direct answers to this.

thanks

2. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

hi, it adds 4 by default but you can click 'edit' on the right hand side and change it to 1 or whatever you want. you wont lose much by doing that as you can always upgrade for a very small fee from within your customer panel (its only a couple £ more expensive to buy it as an after thought so personally i would just buy the base product and then upgrade when appropriate).

welcome to hassle free back ups! :thumb:

3. zfactor

so far LOVING THIS program. hands down the best winpe disc i have seen in a while aside from acronis but i will never run that again. with a bit of work the ifw winpe disc is not bad but man active makes it so easy to make a new disk this is something my customers imo can use where many have been LOST with ifw. i have decided against upgrading any of my macrium's since they raised the prices first off and changed the lic'ing somewhat on it to make it kind of a pain imo for upgraders.

ifw is still i think my top choice but man i REALLY like this active@ it works awesome and love the better gui over ifw. i wish it had phylock but cant have everything...arghhh lol, i have yet to have a single issue with ifw but many customers find it pretty easy to make a back up and some to restore it but it require so much more time to set up tasks and making the pe disc etc i have had a ton of calls from some i recc to try it. for a advanced user i admit it has SO MANY features and options its just awesome.

is the pro version worth it over the standard version of active@? i only see scripting as the main difference or am i worng besides a large price difference and pro is for one pc where standard is for 3 with one purchase and the 25$ deal is great? thanks

now i am torn as to which to run on my own systems lol

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  4. treehouse786

for me its the best boot disk EVER! :thumb:

Active@ Disk Image cant do as much as other backup programs but the things it can do... it does with reliability, consistency and class.

$25 is an awesome deal, i paid a bit more for mine.

with regards to the pro/standard versions, please find below the list of things which the pro version has which the standard version does not;
    -Scheduled incremental backups support incremental images.
    -Creating scripts for all operations in Script wizard to be later on executed from a console or a command file; suited for unattended mode.

i personally have no need for the pro version but you might do bearing in mind your used to the more complicated IFW so you might need the pro version just so you can tinker with it :)

edit- still not had 1 failed restore or backup yet (i have done hundreds)

5. zfactor

i dont really need the script wizard i dont think BUT does the standard not let you incrementals at all? or just during scheduling? and is ther any way around that. i get 3 pc's coverage with the home version vs only 1 per pro install so i would have to buy 6 pro's to equal 2 home versions according to the web site. i could have misread that though... im just torn on which to buy

6. treehouse786

the standard version lets you do incrementals, just not scheduled incrementals.

my full backups take 3 or so minutes so i have no need for incrementals so i would not know if there is a way around it bar from buying the pro version. (scheduled task using windows task scheduler maybe?)

you could always run on-demand incrementals though.

i THINK the pro version can be used on how ever many computers you have but you only get 1 boot disk licence, i am not sure on this to be honest.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  7. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

I've been debating getting this app...just to clarify you are talking just about the Active@ Disk Image WinPE and not the bigger (and more expensive) Active@ Boot Disk?

8. treehouse786

they are the both the same. Active@ Boot Disk contains extra programs like Kill Disk, File Recovery etc.

Active@ Disk Image lets you create a boot disk which is exactly the same as the full Active@ Boot Disk except without the extra programs (the underlying structure and WinPe version is the same though).

Active@ Boot Disk is pricey but well worth it in my opinion as their is not a rescue disk that even comes close it in quality :thumb:

yes i was talking about Active@ Disk Image and its 'mini boot disk' in this thread.

9. zfactor

okay i still can not find anything about a regular "professional" version being offered to me as a upgrade in my account. im trying to find out if its the same as the corp edition in which case its only for use on one pc they said so i would be going from 3 pc to 1 by upgrading if this Active@ Disk Image Professional v.5.0 is the same as the "corp" version or is it like a home pro edition. i have sent a email and tried to call only to get a voice mail box full message?? its a inexpensive upgrade after buying the home standard edition so i may go for it if it includes all the "pro" features.. any ideas while im waiting to hear from them ....

10. treehouse786

login to your account and check the price in their. here is what mine looks like, 50% discount :thumb:

you dont need the 'corp' version to get the 'pro' features.

although i cannot answer your question regarding the user licence, i would wait for support to get back in touch if i were you.

Attached Files:

11. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

This is not intended to post a negative comment about Active@ WinPE Boot Disk, but everytime after using the WinPE Boot Disk the following system restart produces chdksk errors on my WinXP laptop! Anyone have an idea as to why? o_O

Aaron

12. treehouse786

no idea, never happened to me. have you reported it to support? might be to do with the fact that you have Rollback RX installed?

13. zfactor

see they have a "personal" version of the professional edition for 69.00 and they have a code for 30$ the pro version right now but i can not find a link ANYWHERE to buy this on their web site its either the standard you buy and THEN you have to upgrade to the pro for another 35$ making it kind of pricey i would like to just buy it for the 69.00 and use the code i have for any professional edition. has anyone seen a link to buy this professional version all the pro versions on the web site are for corp lic policies....

if anyone can help thank you!!!

14. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Yes I did report it to support some time ago, but never received a solution. I can't believe that Rollback Rx is the reason for those subsequent errors because I don't have the problem with other WinPE disks! :doubt:

15. treehouse786

it seems like a very specific issue to your setup or hardware, i have used the boot disk many times on customers pc's and never had that happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.