Active Desktop Disappears?!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by spider_darth, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spider_darth

spider_darth Registered Member

Why does my computer keep turning off my active desktop?

This always occur after I have used some applications - surfing the net, listening to iTunes etc When I return back to my desktop, I see the following screen below 'Active Desktop Recovery'.

Yet, I did not do any of the 4 things as mentioned below.

So, I've to manually change my wallpaper back again everytime.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4219/04282007151137ti7.png

Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Please help!

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi spider_darth,

Consider it wise and in your best interest to alway's include the OS when asking for assistance. This post applies to which system, xp or vista (I can't tell)? For the matter's you speak of I would personally suggest posting an hjt log to eliminate any possibility of infection. Select one from the many participating site's on your left (bfc perhap's), then follow each site's posting guidelines.

http://asap.maddoktor2.com/

Note: Two file's come to mind that might help but are better recommended by an expert.

Edit: Run first with Perman's comment below s_d. If you have some sort of screensaver, or active background .... theme installed, temporarily keep it disabled as those application's are sometime's known to cause problem's.

Steve

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

hi, folks: I am not an expert , therefore can not give you any advice. But I have encountered the same problem a year ago after installed a theme. I corrected that by uninstalled it, of course after few weeks's trials and errors. Good luck.

4. spider_darth

spider_darth Registered Member

I'm running XP Home.

And, I did not install any theme recently. All I did was changed my existing wallpaper.

No screensaver.

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Visit here, http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/ - register, then post your active desktop issue in the general pc section. I'm sure Derek or another capable soul there will have one of those specific files for you to run. There, should you be further requested you'll be able to freely upload your hjt log for analysis, unlike the standard forum rule's here. Whether or not it resolve's your problem I can't say, but is my best suggestion based on scant information.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.