Active Boot Disk 7 released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by comtrjl, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comtrjl

comtrjl Registered Member

Changes:
    Boot Disk Software updated to:

Active@ File Recovery 10.0.7 (UFS & Ext4 support)
    Active@ Partition Recovery 8.0.2 (UFS & Ext4 support)
    Disk Image 5.4.2 (SSD support)
    Active@ Password Changer 4.1.235 (drive lock issue resolved)
    Active@ Disk Monitor 1.4
    KillDisk 7.0.4
    Disk Editor 2.1.35 (Integration with File & Partition Recovery)

New lightweight installer, more compact installations

This version may need a new serial number.

bob

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Thanks for the update!

I really liked this program for the last year or two. But that said, I am less of a fan of Boot Disk than I used to be.

It's not an easy program to update. Maybe the hardest I ever ran across. (IMO, it's the licensing protections they've built in, which IMO, is too Draconian.) When I needed unlock a PC with a lost password, it failed (an older version of the same program did work.)

I may give it one last try just because when it worked, IMO, there is little else like it...

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

As I said, I thought I'd try it! So I did!

Active@ Boot Disk (A@ B D) is still Windows PE 3.1. Not sure how they are working out the PE licensing but that's between them and MS.

I didn't have the earlier set up files available to me but it seemed like the size of the download and setup is similar (although LSoft says they are lightweight/more compact.)

The initial download and installation went smooth. (But it always did in the past. It was the upgrades that were pains in the neck.)

The Boot Disk version that I received was 7.0.1. And the associated programs are listed above in comtrjl's post.

It boots on a Win 8 PC once I went to the legacy BIOS and Secure Boot turned off.

I also verified the password application functionality worked. It didn't for me in version 6.5.0.

All in all, it's still a great program to have. As much as I have come to appreciate CloneZilla, IMO, A@ B D offers some real value for the price. I'm hoping the licensing bumps I've had before don't come back to haunt me again. Time will tell...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.