Activation Help and a question ...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Bing, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bing

Bing Registered Member

1) I bought my ESET Smart Security from www.newegg.com. The package says I need to go to www.eset.com/activate to activate my product. But the activation site keeps giving me "Script Execution Time Exceeded." error. So i am unable to activate.

2) www.newegg.com sent me a 32-bit version. I do not see a 64-bit version of EST smart Security for sale on www.newegg.com. (The product description on their website says it supports both 32-bit and 64-bit OS.)

However I need a 64-bit version since I am using Vista 64. Is the activation code for the product I bought can be use for 64-bit version or do I need to buy another verison? The product I bought (32-bit version) is now open, so it is impossible for me to return it.

3) Once activation is fix (if it gets fixed), and I activate the 32-bit version, is it possible for me to just download the 64-bit version, and use the user id/password from the 32-bit version to activate it?

Please help. o_O

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

You can use the code for the 32/64 bit versions, depends which one you want. Not sure why you got the error, maybe the website was just timing out.

3. Bing

Bing Registered Member

Thank you for the reply. That is good news on 32/64 bit. However I have been trying to activate for the last hour and am still unable to so do. I keep getting the error message:
    Code:
    Notice (SuiteScript)

Script Execution Time Exceeded.

Am I correct in assuming that once I activate it, I will receive a user id/password?

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Didn't newegg already give you this? You usually need it to download the nod32 software, you use the same one when you install it too.

5. Bing

Bing Registered Member

I got a CD with a serial number. This serial number is the one that is entered into the www.eset.com/activate. The instruction on the CD says I need to activate first before I install. So I am assuming once it is activated, I will get a user id/password.

6. Lv1nightmare

Lv1nightmare Registered Member

Same thing is happening to me also. I had Nod32 but lets the license expire on 13 Aug 2008, so I bought Eset Smart Security and I get the "Script Execution Time Exceeded" after I fill out the registry info. What am I doing wrong?

7. Bing

Bing Registered Member

I just got off the telephone with ESET. I was informed that the site that does the registration is in service/maintenance, but the ESET website does not display any message. The rep offered to take my serial over the phone and send me my user id/password after activation, but they have to wait for the activation site to come back up anyway. So I told the rep I will just wait it out and activate myself.

It has been an hour now, and the site to activate is working for me now.

8. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

9. Nitrof

Nitrof Registered Member

Hi Elapsed,

Where can i verify that your activation site is working or not ?
    Do you have an other site where i can do the job without wasting my time and my client's time ?

Using www.eset.com/fractivate from Canada:
    I try to activate since Monday with time out and or script error.
    Via a Mac 10.5.5 with Firefox 3.0.4 , Safari 3.2 nothing.
    Via a Windows XP Pro SP3 and Internet Explorer or same Firefox nothing.

Twice this week going to client's places and not being able to get the activation done.

Beside thinking to possible causes, can you bring us the facts about the activation server and others site where we can get the job done.

Verifications from your side will give you a clue on how many licences i installed in the last 12 months.

Have a good day.

10. BritTim

BritTim Registered Member

After originally using a trial version, I bought a retail copy. It looked totally legitimate with the packaging fully intact. There is only a serial, no user and password provided. When I tried to activate, I received an error with a message to contact Technical Support. This is the response I received from technical support:

Hello

to update ESET Security products you need to have correct credentials entered in Setup - Set up username and password.
    Please, contact your local ESET reseller here http://www.eset.com/purchase/index.php
    or select your country from
    http://www.eset.com/partners/index.php

If you already have valid license and you just need your credentials, use following page
    http://www.eset.com/support/lost_license.php

Best Regards.

Jozef Manduch
    Technical support

Eset, spol. s r. o.
    Aupark Tower, Einsteinova 24
    851 01 Bratislava
    Slovak republic

Phone: +421 (2) 59305353
    Fax: +421 (2) 54432022
    Web: http://www.eset.sk

xxxxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

----- Support request automatic generated mail -----

Case type: Activate
    Case issue: Actcdmail
    Username: donothaveoneyet
    Subject: Registration gave error: please contact technical support
    User wrote: Originally had trial version. Purchased retail copy. Finally managed to find registration activation page and entered required data but received error.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I might proceed now? Do I go back to the reseller and try to convince them that they are "technical support"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.