Activating Secure Zone on SATA 2nd Drive...Not Avail When Booting?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rockin Rog, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockin Rog

Rockin Rog Guest

I've had this issue before on another machine anyways...I am trying to create Secure Zone on a second hard-drive that is SATA. The error states that this drive is not available on startup thus the Zone can't be created there. How do I fix this? The Primary Hard-drive is ATA.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

If you have created a bootable rescue CD then you can manage without Acronis's F11 Startup Recovery Manager feature.

Use the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard to create a Secure Zone on your SATA drive but this time choose the option "Do not activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" (the default selection is "Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager"). The error message should then not appear, thereby enabling creation of the SZ.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rockin Rog,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create screenshots of your steps in wizard and a screenshot of the error message you get? Please send these screenshots to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Rockin Rog

Rockin Rog Guest

Thanks Menorcaman and I'll do that aswell Ilya.

5. feddup

feddup Registered Member

It might take some correspondence with Acronis but they should be able to help you. Everyone's PC is different but I personally have the secure zone on a SATA seagate HD that is definitely a separate physical HD. The F11 prompt occurs and I've used it to image to and from this hard drive. By the way it took a week or so worth of correspondence with Acronis to get all the features working perfectly. At the time i wasn't thrilled but I now consider true image to be my most basic layer of defense and wouldn't do without it. The initial trouble was well worth it.

6. Rockin Rog

Rockin Rog Guest

Ok Ilya, Menorcaman, feddup and anyone else for that matter whom may be reading this with this same problem. I have the solution...Enter your BIOS and look around in the menus for a setting to "Enable The SATA Boot Rom" feature for your Sata device. That was all that it took and now I have successfully created and enabled Acronis's F11 feature upon bootup....Awesome, excellent product!

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Rockin Rog,

Thanks for posting back with the good news. That fix is a new one on me but handy to know about nevertheless.

Regards

8. Rockin Rog

Rockin Rog Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.