Acronis wont see a striped RAID set

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JDamian, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDamian

JDamian Registered Member

customer has 2 60GB drives in a RAID 0 config.

drives are going out so were trying to copy an image to a backup drive or clone the RAID 0 to a non-raided drive.

Acronis True Image 11 wont see the striped set, saying there are no drives installed.

Ghost sees it, so does Spinrite, but Acronis wont detect it.

any tricks to getting True Image to see the RAID set?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

1. What build of TI 11 are you using.

2. Are you running TI from in Windows or from the boot CD?

3. Rykks

Rykks Registered Member

I've been able to do a backup and restore of my RAID 0 using Acronis. I have two bootable sets for backup of my whole system. What I did was installed Acronis to my RAID system and made a Full Backup image of it and had ATI save the file onto a separate hard drive that I have in my PC that I use for backup.

First, I made an Acronis Rescue CD with the function in the program for doing that.

I then removed my RAID drives and installed two new drives. I had to tell Intel Storage Matrix to set them up RAID 0 and give them a name other than the name my main array goes under. (They wouldn't boot the first time I tried because I'd merely restored the backup to the new drives right out of the box and the serial numbers Intel Storage Matrix remembered for whatever the default group name is that it had called the originals didn't match the "clones", which had been given the same raid group name as the originals when the imaging was done) I called it RBU-1 or something - doesn't matter, just has to be different. After you do that, shut down and insert the Acronis Rescue CD and boot to that. I picked the "safe" thingie, I think. Then just do a "Restore" and have it use the image file you saved on the separate drive. Shut down, Power back up and go to BIOS so you can take out the CD without booting the OS because the darn CD will try to auto-boot again, exit without saving anything after you take out the CD and your quasi-cloned drives should boot up just like the originals.

Rick

4. Rykks

Rykks Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.