Acronis won't Explore Image of Basic HD while running of Dynamic HD (in)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dgrrr, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgrrr

dgrrr Registered Member

I installed True Image 8 on my "old PC", and created an ACronis image of the HD, SAVING it (over the network) to the HD Of my "new PC". Then I got rid of my "Old PC".

I installed True Image 8 also to my "New PC", and ran it. When I clicked on "Explore Image" / STart, it would not even begin because it said something about a Dynamic DIsc.

The Old PC had a Basic Disk. The "NEw PC" has a Dynamic Disk.

FYI, when I run True Image on a THIRD PC, I can open & explore the image of the "old PC" that's stored on the "New PC".

But my question is -- Since Acronis seems to RUN FINE (besided exploring discs) on the Dynamic DIsc, and since I want to explore an already-created image of a BASIC DISK -- Is there a way around this?

Or does it make sense that True Image's functions limited by RUNNING OFF (being installed on) a dynamic disk?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello dgrrr,

Dynamic disks are only supported by True Image Server and True Image Enterprise Server. Even then, as explained in this previous thread titled <Boot CD and Dynamic Disk>, certain rules apply.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.