Acronis v8 Trueimage Server will not see Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DTB2005, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTB2005

DTB2005 Registered Member

Hi

I have created images of the system drive and data drives of our server's without a problem using True image server v8. The images are stored on a second physical hard disk in the server. The System and Data are on the first hard disk in two separate partitions. The Server is windows 2000 (we also have windows NT on some servers).

The problem is that when I boot from the Recovery CD all starts well but when I need to select the image to restore Acronis cannot see the second hard drive. The drive is one partition and is labelled as a dynamic disk. In fact the drive is seen as a removable drive ??.

I know there are ways of getting around this but for disaster recovery it would be a lot more convenient if Acronis recognised the drive/partition that it created the images on.

God help me if I have to use FAT32 for acronis to recognise this.

Hope somebody can help.

:oops:

2. DTB2005

DTB2005 Registered Member

I have done further reading and have found my own answer. In the Acronis FAQ "System Drives cannot be restored from a Dynamic Disk volume" using Acronis. In other words read it as Acronis does not see Dynamic disks on bootup from the boot media (Floppy or CD).

It would be a nice feature to implement.

Thanks to anybody who took interest.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DTB2005,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that Acronis True Image 8.0 for Server supports Dynamic Disk only in Windows. You can try to run "Restore Image" wizard in Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.