Acronis V7.0 won't run from Boot CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JCpostbox, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCpostbox

JCpostbox Registered Member

I have just bought a new HP Pavilion PC running XP.

My V7.0 Acronis True Image always worked great on my old Win98 PC. I can create the Image copy perfectly with Acronis, but when I load Acronis from the Bootable CD it will not function.

The cursor moves around and displays icon info, but when I click on a function it does nothing.

I have to switch off the PC to reload and reboot from Windows. Of course in this mode I would not be able to restore Windows etc if I needed to.

Can anyone assist please

Regards JC

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello JC,

I would say that the Linux based bootable rescue CD created by your obsolete version of TI doesn't contain the necessary device drivers for the new hardware.

Acronis no longer provide support for TI 7 so try the free trial version of TI 8 (currently at build 937) and if that works you can then purchase the full version as an upgrade.

Regards

3. JCpostbox

Thanks for your message.

I have further found that it is the mouse functionality that is not working properly. (The Return key does actually respond).

The mouse is a new standard HP wireless model.

Regards JC

4. JCpostbox

I have now tried Acronis TI v8 and the result is the same.

Acronis support suggests:

"Please make sure that that USB legacy support is disabled in BIOS settings in order to enable wireless mouse".

I am very wary of changing the BIOS on a brand new PC.

Any further thoughts?

Regards JC

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Change the BIOS setting as suggested. Since you are concerned, make notes of where you found the setting in the BIOS and what the initial setting was. If there is any problem, which is unlikely, you can return the setting to the original value.

If you find that USB Legacy support is already disabled, you won't need to change anything and can report that to Acronis Support.

6. JCpostbox

Thanks John

I did Disable the USB legacy as suggested, but the result was the same.

Acronis will report the error to their development team.

Kind regards JC

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Hi JC,

Have you tried using a standard PS/2 mouse just to do a backup?

One other thought, you don't have your wireless mouse set for left-handed use (reversed buttons) in Windows do you? In the Linux environment, the buttons will be standard and not reversed.

8. JCpostbox

:) Hi John

I don't have the mouse set for left hand use, but I have now actioned what you suggested and simply inserted a standard mouse just to work when the Linux Boot CD is initiated....and bingo! it works fine.

This is a simple way for me to get round the problem, and I hope it helps anyone else in a similar situation.

Thanks very much for the very helpful messages, from yourself and others..

Very best regards

JC

(John Cooper)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.