Acronis Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Helveticus, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helveticus

Helveticus Registered Member

Hello,

Please write in easy english because I'm german.

I have Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1.

I read that I haven't to install Acronis Universal Restore when I make a îmage. I can it install when I have to restore an image on another hardware.

But what I have to do step for step when I want to restore an image on different hardware?

Greetz.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The UR software has to be installed after you install True Image. Then make the bootable Acronis cd media which will then have UR on it.
    Boot with this cd on the other computer and during the restore process the UR feature will appear.
    Note: you must have the drivers for the "new" computer handy for the UR feature to "see". But you have to manually select the drivers (one at a time) that you want the UR feature to use.

3. Helveticus

Thank you. Where I have to install UR? On every PC?

4. DwnNdrty

No, it will be on the bootable CD that you make.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

6. Helveticus

@DwnNdrty

You said that I have to install UR for making bootable CD. But where I have to install UR? Only on the PC with the management console?

7. DwnNdrty

Install UR on the same pc that you installed TI Server 9.1. When you run the installation file for UR it will automatically detect that TI 9.1 is installed and put the files in the correct place.
    Then when you create the bootable CD media and boot with it, it will say TI ... with Universal Restore at the top of the main menu screen.

8. Helveticus

Thank you. I will try it.

But don't I have do create the bootable CD with the management console? TI Server 9.1 and the management console are not on the same pc installed.

9. DwnNdrty

I've never used the Managment Console and am not familiar with it. Sorry.

10. Helveticus

Oh, ok. I hope that somebody can help me. :'(

Where I have to install Universal Restore? On the pc with the management console or on the pc with the server 9.1?

By the way, how much bootable CDs do I have to make? Only one for all pcs or an extra CD for the server?

11. DwnNdrty

See message #7.

12. Helveticus

See message #9

You said that you aren't familiar with the management console.

So I have to install UR on the server and not on the pc with the management console?

Fromt which PC I have to make the bootable CD? I can make the CD with the management console, can't I?

13. Helveticus

push

God help me.

14. Cornholio

Cornholio Registered Member

Where I have to install Universal Restore? On the pc with the management console or on the pc with the server 9.1?
    -> on the PC with server 9.1

By the way, how much bootable CDs do I have to make? Only one for all pcs or an extra CD for the server?
    -> only one. Use it to boot the target machine.

15. Helveticus

Thank you.

But do I have to make the bootable CD with Server 9.1 or with the management console?

16. Helveticus

push for help.

17. Acronis Support

Hello Helveticus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that the bootable media builder (which runs when you choose "create bootable media" option) can only add those components to the bootable media, that are installed on the computer. Acronis Management Console is what the name implies: it is a tool that organizes all other components to work together. To actually perform tasks you need other components. For detailed description of components please see the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

18. bilbus

bilbus Registered Member

Management console is installed in windows only .. its not a part of the bootable CD.

19. Helveticus

That means I have to creat bootable CD with Server 9.1?

20. DwnNdrty

See message #7.

21. Helveticus

22. Helveticus

pleaz help.

23. Acronis Support

Hello Helveticus,

Please note that in order to have the ability to use Acronis Universal Restore you should select to place "Acronis True Image Enterprise Server with Acronis Universal Restore (Full version)" and "Acronis True Image Enterprise Server with Acronis Universal Restore (Safe version)" components on the Bootable Media.

Please have a look at this article to find the difference between full and safe variants of the standalone versions of any Acronis True Image.

Using the Acronis True Image Bootable CD with the above components, you will be able to restore a standalone computer.

You may also place "Acronis Bootable Agent with Acronis Universal Restore" component to the Bootable Media (or create a separate media with this component). Using this Bootable Media, you will be able to boot the remote computer, connect to this computer using Acronis True Image Management Console (installed on another computer) and perform the restoration with Acronis Universal Restore.

In addition, as far as I can see from the screen shot you are using not the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server, we would recommend that you download and install the latest build (3832) of the German version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Note that you should also update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers, Acronis Universal Restore as it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly. Also it is recommended to create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  24. Helveticus

Thank you. The problem is solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.