Acronis Universal Restore:

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tronic592001, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

Im running ATI version 8

can i buy (Acronis Universal Restore) and have it work with what ive got installed now?

o_O o_O

2. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Short Answer: no....

You need ATI Version 9 (at "least" workstation) to get UR running..

Volker

3. tronic592001

VolkerNadolski hi

So if i buy home version 9 i can get a licence and be able to run it??

o_O

4. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

No....you need the workstation-version.

UR can be used with
    Acronis TrueImage Workstation
    Acronis TrueImage Server
    Acronis TrueImage Enterprise Server

but NOT with
    Acronis TrueImage Home

5. tronic592001

So why cant home users have Acronis Universal Restore or is it going to be in a later version.

I think this is the ultamite tool, becuse if you loose your PC completly then you can buy a new one and restore the backups from the old PC.

You can backup as much as you like but if your PC goes down permanantly then your backups are no good on a new system.

being that PC's are down in price compared to a year or two ago.....

So please Acronis concided implamenting this restore in one of your updates?

:rolleyes:

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I know that not everybody will agree with this point of view.

If you are a typical Home user you aren't migrating an image to different PCs with different HW configurations on a regular basis at all.

I see the purchase of a new PC as a time to do a fresh install of the OS, only install the apps I really need now and do a general system clean-up of old garbage data files.

The old image has all the data files you created yourself which cannot be replaced from vendor's CDs; that is the real important part of a backup. Re-installation of apps is just time. I also use the new PC exercise as a refresher course in XP and setting up my apps - amazing what you forget.

As you see, to me it is a non-issue. If you really need it, then take the money you saved from the cheap PC prices and buy TI Wkstn + Universal Restore.

7. tronic592001

seekforever

cheap PC's as in 5 years ago i paid £1000 aprox at todays prices they are about £400..

you got one hell of a lot of reinstalling to get your system back as it was on yuor old PC, not to mension files that had personel data which could not be reinstalled.

still my question is why cant it be in the home version at a little extra cost?

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tronic592001,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that Acronis Universal Restore is available only for Corporate Products and it can't be implemented in the Home version.

If you want to use Acronis Universal Restore, you can upgrade your version of Acronis True Image to Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation without any problems.

Please note also that Acronis Universal Restore should be purchased separately.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation Upgrade and Acronis Universal Restore.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

9. gderreck

gderreck Registered Member

Tatyana
    We appreciate the fact that you monitor, AND respond in the forum. With respect to universal restore, I can understand that it would be a premium feature, but why does it show up in the home version help file? There is no reference to it in the user manual. I only know this because the help file was vague about the feature, and I checked the manual. For what it's worth , the help file is not much help. No index, no search and very little information. It really does not do the application justice. Perhaps it is because 9 is relatively new.

Regards

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gderreck,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the information about Acronis Universal Restore was included into Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide by mistake. We will correct it and include this corrections in one of the next builds of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Thank you for the provided information.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.