Acronis Universal Restore Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jsbowen, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsbowen

jsbowen Registered Member

I am trying to migrate a Windows SBS 2003 server to new hardware, and have backed up the Primary Disc with Acronis True Image 9.1 with Universal Restore. The C partition is a RAID 5 array of SATA drives, but it is a BASIC Disc partition from windows perspective.

When I go to restore to the new hardware, it doesn't give me the option check Universal Restore, and it restores the image to the new system, but fails on boot. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

James

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I take it that you're booting with the bootable True Image cd which has the UR option on it. If that is the case, I seem to remember someone saying that instead of restoring the entire disk i.e. checkmark against Disk 1, only put the checkmark in the Partition C box and the UR option will show up. Try it and let us know if it works.

3. jsbowen

Tried everything I could think of, including that...

James

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If no one else has a suggestion for making UR appear, try this workaround.
    Before you make the Backup, change the video display to a generic vga type. Then make the backup and then do the restore to the other system.

5. jsbowen

Hey, didn't realize initially that I wasn't running the latest build of UR. I downloaded that and recreated the UR Bootable CD (didn't re-image) and now the UR worked as an option... 3 hours from now, I will find out if the SBS migration was successful or not. =) I am doing the swing migration process with additional hardware in the mean time in case it fails... I will let everyone know.

Thanks,

James

6. jsbowen

With the latest build of UR it worked great. Troubleshooting ethernet card issues, but it is working for the most part. Also, Acronis support got in touch with me right a way to try and help... I was very impressed.

James

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jsbowen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.