Acronis uninstall???

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by sillyboy, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillyboy

sillyboy Registered Member

I am having a problem that I was hoping someone might be able to help me with.

I was having a problem in Migrate Easy where when I chose drive C: as my source and drive L: (a USB hard drive) as my destination it, for some reason, would keep the D: drive ( second internal hard drive) highlighted in blue in addition to the L: drive.

This computer also has Disk Director on it and I figured that it might be interfering somehow, so I decided to uninstall Disk Director. I could not get it to uninstall, it would stop in the middle.

I am trying to uninstall absolutely everything on the computer that is associated with Acronis, so I can start from scratch, and I am not having any luck. I noticed in the forums that it seems to be difficult to uninstall all Acronis components. If someone could please provide me with a way to do this I would be most appreciative.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sillyboy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please use this instructions to uninstall Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 manually:

- Deactivate Acronis OS Selector
    - Delete snapman value from
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters
    - Delete snapman key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
    - Delete the following registry keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Disk Director
    - Delete \Windows\System32\autoprnt.exe if it exists
    - Delete the following folders:
    \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis
    \Program Files\Acronis
    - Delete the Desktop icon and Start menu shortcuts
    - Reboot the computer.

Please be aware that if you use more then one Acronis software then your second (or third) Acronis program will partly be deleted too.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. sillyboy

sillyboy Registered Member

Thank You

Will try it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.