Acronis "Try & Decide"

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Espresso, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Anyone tried this new feature of Acronis True Image 11? I haven't set up a secure zone yet so I'm currently unable but it might be a replacment for Returnil/PS/etc...

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Not yet, i've just upgraded to v11 and am downloading it right now. Will let you know how it goes.

3. farmerlee

V11 installed and running fine. Tried out the try and decide option. At first i tried it using a secure zone on an external usb hard drive however this resulted in an acronis driver error and it refused to work. So then i tried it using a secure zone on an internal hard drive which was a success. Haven't tested it extensively yet, just tried a simple 'del c:\*.* /f /s /q' from the command prompt. It made the try and decide UI crash so i just did a manual reset and on reboot everything is back to normal. I'll have to do a bit more testing but so far its looking like a possible alternative for powershadow or returnil. Like the others you can enter try and decide mode without a reboot however like the others it does require a reboot to revert the changes. The one advantage it has over the others is its able to save the changes if you want.

4. osip

osip Registered Member

Do you mean that you can keep the changes and revert later no matter of reboots...?

5. farmerlee

Unfortunately no.
    When you go to reboot you have the option of keeping or discarding the changes made. The only app i know of that can revert changes after multiple reboots is 'steadystate' from microsoft.

6. osip

osip Registered Member

With Shadowuser Pro you can do that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.