Acronis TrueImage vs. SnapDeploy

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MikeyT, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyT

MikeyT Guest

Hi,

I am currently working as an assistant network administrator at the Pennsylvania State University Deparment of Chemical Engineering. We are looking for software to assist us in deploying full images to about 85 lab computers within our network, as well as backing up a few of our critical servers with system images. I am slightly confused as to the difference between TrueImage and SnapDeploy and their features.

We have 3 different PC configurations throughout the labs, which means that we want to deploy 3 different images depending on the computers location and use. Each PC configuration differs either in software that is needed or PC hardware (different motherboards typically with same components). We would also like the ability to create images of our current servers to assist in disaster recovery. Deploying remotely through the LAN is a must

I guess my question is what acronis product best suits my needs since I do not quite understand the difference between SnapDeploy and each version of TrueImage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.