Acronis TrueImage Server 9.1 - Full Version

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thae, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thae

thae Registered Member

well, where is the full version for registered users? i can only find the trial-version...

2. MrChris

MrChris Registered Member

If you have registered the serial number with Acronis via www.acronis.com then when you login and "view updates for my registered products" then you can download the latest build for it.

MrChris

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thae,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that if you have already purchased Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows and registered it at our web site then as MrChris has already pointed out you can always download the latest build of the program which is a full installation file from the Product Updates section of your account at our web site.

If you did not purchase Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows yet, but already own Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows and want to obtain a new 9.1 license then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

Prior to purchasing the upgrade we recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows to see how the software works on your computer.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. thae

thae Registered Member

we bought 4x trueimage 8.0 server with 1yr maintenance this january. but the update section does not display any 9.1 version, only the 8.0...

5. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

With the maintenance you can only get TrueImage 9.1 for a reduced price.

Not for Free ;-)

Thanx in Advance
    Jeremy Otten
    Netherlands

6. thae

thae Registered Member

i don't think so. here's what the website says about Maintenance:

7. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Thing is your product is v.8...if that version has been updated, you can receive the updates for free...not the next newer version as that is not your product.

...Allen

8. Vaxman2

Vaxman2 Registered Member

I agree with thae..

Jeremy, the maintenance information you've posted several times today seems pretty clear that upgrades should be free..

If upgrades are not included in the maintenance then, Acronis has lost us as customers.. I've been under big pressure to switch to Symantec LiveState for our company, and this will be the final ammo the anti-Acronis folks here will need as we paid big money for maintenance when we bought Acronis.

9. Vaxman2

Vaxman2 Registered Member

Allen, what is your definition of an upgrade vs. an update?

I believe the standard convention is that v8.0 to v8.1 is an update, whereas v8.0 to v9.x is an upgrade. The maintenance description clearly states:

If we buy maintenance on any version # of True Image server, then we should be provided free upgrades to any new version # of True Image Server. If they had a new product called something else, then your argument is right.

But we are talking about a new version of the same product here (same name)..

10. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

EDIT: Didn't see your post, as I was composing this one...it will still surprise me if this it so...but you could be correct as I didn't really note the words in the initial post: "Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support (AMPS). For the period of subscription", then you are probably correct and it is my error in not reading the posting of the maintenance and overlooking the word "subscription". My bad. If you pay a lot of $'s for a maintenance subscription [which is usually a sucker issue...(all the stores, want to see you insurance and it is pure profit 99% of the time)], then of course you could upgrade, as the company will have basically already been paid for the upgrade, so to speak. So I'm sorry for my error in not reading that more completely. I just brush over the 'service and maintenance' issues with software...where is the maintenance of a software program going to come into issue, support and explanation, but maintenance??

I don't think that any software company is going to keep upgrading your older versions for free to the next stepup in version numbers, unless that is stated so in thier 'ULA' that you can do so if a new version comes out in the next few weeks, possible a month or so after your purchase. "Buyer beware"...buy a 'new' Dell computer today...next month a super new version of your Dell model computer comes out...think Dell will give you the newest model...no! Your stuck with what you bought. Software, unless so stated will also. Look at Nero...they upgrade the latest versions weekly...but when the new version comes out...a new game in underway!

Just because you purchase a service contract doesn't entitle you to free upgrades to a newer version line of a product, or it will surprise me if this turns out to be as you say.

...Allen

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  11. thae

thae Registered Member

thats why the software maintenance is a separate "product" that is bought together with the main product.

a TI8 without software maintenance does not allow you to upgrade to TI9 for free. you will need to buy an upgrade.

a TI8 + maintenance allows you to upgrade to TI9, because you paid (in advance!) for 1 year of free updates and upgrades.

the maintenance can be renewed as well, so the upgrades are not "free", but rather prepaid.

at least this is what one would understand of a common software maintenance. now i hope this is also what acronis sees in their maintenance product... and i think they do. they also remark you can save "up to 80%" by having a software maintenance instead of buying upgrades.

12. Acronis Support

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the thae's understanding of Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support (AMPS) is quite correct. The following should explain what Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support (AMPS) is even in more detail:

Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support subscription can be purchased directly from Acronis Corporate Online Store, Acronis Sales Team (sales@acronis.com) or from an authorized Acronis reseller. To enroll, you must be using\purchasing the most current major release of Acronis software title. If you do not have the most current release, it is easy to "get current" by purchasing a Volume License Agreement (you should contact our Sales Team in this case) and then "stay current" by signing up for your AMPS subscription. For the period stated in the License Certificate, Acronis will provide software updates and upgrades for the Acronis-branded product listed on the License Certificate, and will provide access to phone-based technical support, email-based technical support and web-based support resources for the Software. Coverage for technical support services, software updates and upgrades begins on the date specified on the License Certificate. The prices for AMPS are available from Acronis Corporate Online Store.

AMPS delivers two very important benefits:

- It reduces the price of upgrades (please see this previous post of mine describing the difference between the update and upgrade conceptions). If you purchase AMPS then you get upgrades for free within the period stated in the License Certificate. If several major upgrades are released during the period stated in the License Certificate then you get all of them for free reducing the cost of upgrade even greater.

- It provides access to 24/7 technical support services, such as phone-based technical support, email-based technical support and web-based support resources (MSN).

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  13. Acronis Support

Hello thae,

Well, then you are supposed to receive a letter with the upgrade serial numbers and download links. If you did not receive such letter yet then please contact us by submitting a request for technical support containing a brief description of your issue along with the link to this thread. We will certainly do our best in order to provide you with your upgrade serial numbers as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

14. thae

thae Registered Member

thanks alot for your clearifications!

i'm releaved that the maintenance is actually that what i expected it to be.

we haven't. a support request is on the way. ;-)

a quick followup-question here: where can these informations be found for users with an ongoing maintenance? all i find (even on the link you provide a post later) is the support options that are already available to users without maintenance.

thanks,
    thomas

15. Acronis Support

Hello Thomas,

A customer receives the special email which contains all the information regarding the maintenance after the purchase . The list of the technical support services with the appropriate phone numbers, email addresses and etc. is included into this email.

In case you have an ongoing maintenance and have lost the above mentioned email for some reason then we recommend you to contact our Sales Department at sales@acronis.com. They will certainly provide you with this information once again.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.