Acronis TrueImage and SIMD / CPU Performance

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GeeeAus, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeeeAus

GeeeAus Registered Member

Just curious to know if Acronis TrueImage offers optimised data compression or decompression speeds by utilising any of the SIMD instruction sets offered by today’s platforms.

Which CPU architecture offers better imaging and restoration performance? "Generally speaker of course".

I'm not asking Acronis or other users for a recommendation of one platform over another. However has anyone from Acronis or other users of the forum ever benchmarked the same data set with different processor architectures?

Is the P4 quicker than the Athlon 64 or vice versa.

Does TI include 3DNow!, 3DNow! Professional, SSE 1 2 or 3 or MMX optimisations of any kind. If so are they only available in the Windows application, or do the Linux and recovery products also carry this support?

Do machines with better generic FP87 floating point units fair better, or is mainly integer based?

Etc. etc.

GeeeAus
    In Oz

2. GeeeAus

Really be good if someone could provide some feedback on this one. I'd like to design some backup servers using the best hardware pssible for TrueImage.

Thanks

GeeeAus
    In Oz

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GeeeAus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We have tested Acronis True Image on both architectures (Intel and AMD) but we haven't compared them. Since the archiving process performed by Acronis True Image is similar to that performed by any other archiver (WinZip for example) I can recommend that you look at benchmarks for other archiving programs. The result for them is likely to be the same as for Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. GeeeAus

Thanks

Most of the tests I could find from recent hardware reviews seem to indicate the Athlon 64's superiority. I'm still interested in other user's experiences here. If anyone is in a position to post some test statistics, i'd be very greatful.

GeeeAus
    In Oz

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GeeeAus,

May be I am not right but both modern architctures seem to be almost equal. I do not think you will be able to notice the difference between two computer: one having Intel processor, the other having AMD (providing the configuration is equal of course). However it's up to you to decide. I can guarantee that on any computer Acronis True Image will work because we have tested it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.