Acronis TrueImage 9.1 can't see Dell Vostro 1500 80GB Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by myitanalyst, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myitanalyst

myitanalyst Registered Member

Why can't the Acronis TrueImage 9.1 Workstation not see the 80GB drive on the Dell Vostro 1500. It makes no sense. If I boot with BartPE I can manage to see the drive, but I don't have Acronis working with BartPE at this time.

Anyone have experience with this unit? Is there a way to get Acronis to see the drive?

Thanks

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you using TI WS 9.1 installed on the hard drive in Windows or from a Recovery CD?

If it's from a CD, that's the Linux environment, and the SATA drivers for Linux are probably not yet available for the new Vostro 1500.

If you are using the Full version, try the SAFE verson of TI on the CD. SAFE uses a version of DOS and the BIOS control of the drives. If you are using an external drive to store the backup, it may or may not be visible in TI SAFE mode.

The workaround is to use the installed TI to create backups and a BartPE disk with TI plug-in for the recovery CD.

3. myitanalyst

myitanalyst Registered Member

I was able to get it to work in safe mode. I hadn't tried that one, because I thought the USB would not work at all. Luckily it did.

I definitely need to get my bartpe updated with Acronis as a plugin.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.