Acronis TrueImage 8 Build 859

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by crash79`, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crash79`

crash79` Registered Member

I'm an extremely newbie in this forum and also Acronis True Image, having only installed version 8 today. I have successfuly created a full backup of my hard drive to an external hard drive so please forgive me if I am in the wrong place.
    I downloaded 826 but when I tried to open the exe. nothing happened.
    Question: Should I stick with what I've got, or attempt to download and install 859 and if it was successful would I have to create a new full backup again? Sorry for ranting on but at the ripe old age of 85 and all the trouble many seem to be experiencing I am rather excited by the initial success
    John

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Hello crash79` - you have come to the right place!

Never builds of True Image are able to use images created by earlier builds without problems, so if you have a good image created by a pre-826 build, keep it.

As for the non-working 826-exe, I would forget about that since build #859 is supposed to fix a number of problems with #826. Please do download #859, install it, make a Rescue CD (if you have a CD-writer), and then come back here with whatever questions you may have.

3. crash79`

MiniMax,
    Many thanks for your suggestion.
    I shall try that later when my patience towards downloads comes back.
    I am on dialup and it takes nearly four hours but broadband is due here on 6th July. I shall let you know how I get on. This is a great forum.
    Kind regards,
    John

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You may find useful to compare the downloaded package MD5 checksum with this one:
    83831A27D25EC71DBA45733C18E05FB9

To get the MD5 checksum of the installation package please do the following:

- Download and unpack the checksum utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/xcsc.zip
    - Run the application and click on the ellipsis sign to browse and select the installation package you downloaded.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. crash79`

Thanks, I shall do that.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.