Acronis TrueImage 2013 80% discount promo

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Isso, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isso

Isso Developer

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

But that is Nice Guy that you are, Isso. Thinking of others who may be in need...and not trying to rope them into using your product. It is decent, honest & upstanding of you...and should be applauded. :thumb:

3. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi Isso,

Very heavily discounted, are they going out of business?

Best regards,

Mohamed

4. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

The last hurrah before TI2014 comes out, but the deal is far enough away from the release day so that the 30 days upgrade policy will probably not apply.

In other words, be warned. You will likely not get a free upgrade to TI2014.

No thanks... I'll stick with AX64. :D

5. Isso

Isso Developer

Thank you Baldrick!
    Mohamed, I tend to concur with Marc. Considering that version 2013 has many problems, upgrading to 2014 may be an imminent step for those who purchase 2013 now. So Acronis probably expects a nice cash flow from the upgrades. Thus I'll stick with AX64 too :)
    (I swear I didn't start this thread to promote my program :D )

6. Baldrick

You bet'ya! I'm with you Marc, on that one.

7. Baldrick

I have ATI 2013, and have been using it up to moving over to AXTM (which was not soon enough).

Have checked out the beta and to be honest there is very little, as far as I can see, of any substance that is new...so I suspect that you are correct, Isso.

Having said that I cannot complain of the job 2013 did for me...but AXTM does it so, so much better IMHO. :D

Still ATI may well have its fans and so this will be important for them to know about.

8. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I quit Acronis many years ago, and is now using Paragon products. It is hard to believe that EFI is still not supported in Acronis Disk Director

9. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

same here. Paragon hard disk manager is the best disk utility suite I've ever found so far. Never failed me in so many years ~5 years or so...
    I also use the boot USB of IFL as it supports UEFI secureboot. These two companies are geek type that produced quality products without much marketing ********.

10. WYC999

WYC999 Registered Member

That's how they always do it first nice discount offer then comes new version out.

I was using Acronis from 2007 on, when they had a decent product. But now the program is buggy as ****. The programmers know but the don't give a ****.

Usually after release they bring some updates and some months later (like 5 months after release) they just completely stop. No Updates at all no matter how serious the bug is.

And their "Support". You Can not imagine how bad that is. This is more Monthy Python like than real support. 2 Weeks later there comes an answer which is no answer at ALL. I have experiences some bad service in my life but i have NEVER seen a company treating their customers like this.

In Retrospect i should have quitted this software much much earlier.

A tip for everyone you is thinking about Acronis and thinking: "Yes but Acronis is the only software where i can set up a backup job with a complex Backup sheme like after 1 Full create 6 incrementals then full again, and i can define that it just keeps the last 5 Chains and deletes the older ones automatically).

This is what kept me with it for another 2 Years or so. Till i realized 2 things:
    This feature is broken beyond your imagination. 30-40% of the inc where not working, made all following inc. useless.
    Deleting the older BAckups was a great source of total irrational and hard to understand bugs at all.
    Acronis didn't do anything to fix this.

I spent a lot of time setting up backup jobs just to analyze those bugs, and every time i thought i even understood what the problem was, why the images did not work something new awfull happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.