Acronis TrueImage 11 - 7 day backup!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by markinbrighton, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markinbrighton

markinbrighton Registered Member

Hi

I'm new to trying out Acronis TrueImage 11 (build 8053). I am trying to back up 100GB on my hard drive to a Western Digital Net Centre. However, its been running for a day and says that its got another 7 days before the backup is complete.

I'm using Vista SP1 and connecting via Belkin Wireless G Router.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be? Or how to start troubleshooting? Or is this normal?

Many thanks

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Obviously it is too long. I don't know what the status of TI11 is but earlier versions were not supported over a wireless network.

I don't know what you have done or your experience with TI but if I were starting to use TI for the first time with your system I would:

Do a backup to an internal HD, this should run at about 1 GB of stored archive/minute. This would be a baseline, it is as fast that you can do an archive - anything else, network, external HDs, DVDs, etc will be slower, not faster.

Do a backup to your Netcentre device but use a wired network connection so you have a more definite idea of the speed. Wireless network speed can drop significantly if data re-transmissions are required. This will tell you the maximum speed you are able to work with the netcentre device on a network. Wireless G will be slower.
    Some people have had trouble with Vista SP1 and TI so this could be part of the problem.

3. markinbrighton

Thanks for the response.

I forgot to say I am backup up over a wired network, not wireless.

I shall try making a backup on an internal hard drive and see what the speed it. But it might be SP1 that is the problem.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You can also try the Backup process using the bootable CD Rescue Media ... this will take the OS out of the equation as far as a probable cause for slow backup times.

5. markinbrighton

Thanks, I shall give that a go (when I'm away from the computer for a day).

Currently trying the vista backup, which I know isn't as good, but it hopefully will back up my files and I can check to see if there any bottlenecks while backup up over the network.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello markinbrighton,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify, is backup process as slow when backing up to local hard drives?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.