Acronis True Image10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Linda369, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda369

Linda369 Registered Member

I have read the users manual for AcronisTrueImage10.I tried to backup my whole C drive.The backup would not start.Is the software so difficult to understand that I do'nt have the ability ot comprehend it?Does anyone way any suggestions?Thanks.Linda

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Hi Linda,

TrueImage can be a bit difficult the first few times you use it, but then so was an email program the first time any of us used one.

It would help if you listed the steps you were successful with and where the backup failed. For example:
    Did TrueImage start correctly and show the opening screen where you could select what you wanted to do?
    Were you able to see your C drive in the list of drives to be backed up?
    Could you then see the drive where you wanted to store the backup image when you got to that screen?
    Were you able to make notes to save with the backup?
    What happened when you pressed the Proceed button?

Were you able to create a Recovery CD?
    Can you boot your system from the Recovery CD in Full mode? Safe mode?

3. Jill

Jill Registered Member

You are not alone… I am having a similar type problem… I don’t know a Boot CD thingy from a boot I wear in the winter… all I want to do is make a backup and then restore if I have problems. I did finally get a Boot CD thingy… at least there is something on the CD and I finally did create an image. For my external LaCie drive has something on it… however, I have no idea how to restore anything… seems like the more I read here… the more confused I get… I have started to read the following… and it may help you…

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=168165

Jill

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

In addtion to those guides there are lots of useful links in the sticky thread at the top of this forum https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=29880.

5. Linda369

JMK94903

Hello John,Do you make house calls?These are the steps I have taken and when I click proceed on last step the backup does not start.
    1.select backup type-My Computer2.partitionselection-Disk1.Archive Location-F:\NewFolder\Myfirstbackup\May4,BackupArchives(*.tib)4.Select backupmode-creat a new full backup archive5.Choose backup options-Use default options6.Comments-May47.List of operations:From:NTFS(C:) To:f:\NewFolder\Myfirstbackup\May4.tib, Compression:Normal,Description:May 4,Harddisk:1,Operation:2of2<driveletter:C,Filesystem:NTFS,Size:71.27GB
    I have a 500GB "My Book" Western Digital external hard drive.It is partitioned.I do not know if it is formated.Thank you for your help.Linda

6. Linda369

Jill

Jill,I am glad that you finally got your boot dingy.It would be pretty terrible if you did'nt.Sounds like you are doing just fine.I should have left this software in the store and bought another pait of boots for my Harley!Good luck,Linda

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Re: JMK94903

OK, is the WD "My Book" drive F:?
    If so, you are doing everything right as far as I can tell up to when you click the Proceed button to start the backup.

What happens when you click Proceed? What do you see? What messages do you get from TrueImage?

8. Linda369

Hi John,Yes the exterior dirive(Western Digital "My book" is the F:\ I was finally able to get this process to proceed and backup the entire c drive.Thanks to you I looked online at the site that displayed a users manual.When I came to the selecting a path part to the drive F,I realized that I had'nt given the complete path to the F drive. Acronis could'nt get to the F drive because he did not have the right path! Very basic.I am refreshing my knowledge of exactly what a path is,what a folder is,what a sub folder is,what a file is!Thank you sir for all of your help.Later,Linda:D

9. Linda369

John,I failed to answer one of your questions.I am sorry.The next thing I have to do is create a recovery CD.Boot from it in full mode.Boot from it in safe mood.I will let you know how it went.Linda

10. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Linda not sure why you would want to boot from safe mode - normal boot should be fine. I would have thought you would only use safe mode if restoring was a problem.

Also do you realise that with the boot disk you can make images as well as restore them ?

11. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Linda, if you are saving your Backups to an external drive (usb or firewire) you have to use Full mode in order that the drivers be loaded for the external.

Some of us, including me, use only the Boot CD to do the basic Backup, Clone or Recovery procedures.

12. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.