Acronis True Image won't install on Windows 7.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by platinumsteel, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. platinumsteel

platinumsteel Registered Member

hi have you guys tried acronis true image on windows 7?I happened to try it and it messed up my boot up really bad.It installed successfully and then asked for a restart and never really did successfully.I know in the system requirements its up to vista sp1 but I would of like to know if an updated version is coming out that would be compatible with windows 7..thank you

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, ver2009 build 9796 installs okay on Win7 b7600. But I do not allow the three startup services to run, since I do only manual backups.

3. Retired24

Retired24 Registered Member

ATI 2009 Home will install and work fine on Windows 7. I have used it on every build to date. I am currently running the RTM version from TechNet and ATI 2009 Home is alive and well on Windows 7 Ultimate and Professional.

In the past few months I have done many backups and restores of Windows 7, just 1 backup failed to restore - my fault.

FWIW, I do complete backups and restores manually - nothing fancy.

4. GunBee

GunBee Registered Member

@DwnNdrty, @Retired24 : do you do backup & restore from within Windows 7, or do you use the Boot CD to perform backup & restore?

Thanks!

5. Retired24

I do backups and restores from within Windows 7.

6. DwnNdrty

I use the boot CD all the time ... but just to test the latest build (9796) and to see if Win7 would allow it, I tried the backup from within Windows and it worked okay, with one slight hitch - the backup wouldn't start manually, I had to choose a scheduled backup and set a time that was about 1 minute later than the time I was at the computer so I only had to wait about a minute for the backup to start, and it did.

7. Retired24

@ DwnNdrty - If you allow True Image Schedule2\schedhlp.exe to run at start up I think the backup will start manually when you want it to.

I read your post earlier; "But I do not allow the three startup services to run, since I do only manual backups."
    I stopped the only 1 of the 3 I ever ran, mentioned above, and I could not get the back up to start either.

For years I have allowed the schedhlp.exe file to run at startup and had no problems.

YMMV

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  8. DwnNdrty

Thanks for the info. It's ironic, I think, that something named manual requires a service named schedule to enable the manual backup to run. But then that's Acronis for you. But that was only a test and I shall continue to do all my True Image processes via the boot CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.