Acronis True Image v6.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by McDoogie, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McDoogie

McDoogie Registered Member

After an extensive search of the reviews out there on backup software it comes as no surprise that True Image is #1, hands down. My problem ?...using Windows 'ME' and myself am limited to an amateur standing in the PC world and as such it seems that I would be better off with the previous version [6.0] of True Image as there is less that I could screw up and it has the basics I need. Sounds like v7.0 has too many automatic/advanced features and needs some brain power for it to be successful; have read some negative feedback in other forums which seem to originate from users who have the same level of competance as me. All I want is to be able to manually create backup image CDRW's about once a month with a minimum of flurry and research. So where can one acquire the previous True Image 6.0 ? Boxed 'CD' would be the preference, anyone out there that's graduated to V7.0 that wishes to part with their previous version? Although I live in Ontario, mailing and paying for same is not a problem and can be arranged.........thanks: Doug.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

One possible way to get an old version is to check out your local computer stores and see if they are still selling old boxed versions from their inventory. However, I have no idea if Acronis had them all pulled off the shelves or not when the new version came out, which would prevent you from satisfying this wish.

As far as anyone else parting with their old copies, you'd have to fully review all applicable license agreements to see if that can even be done legally.

In this particular case, it might be best to email Acronis Sales via their main website and see if they'll sell a previous version. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.