Acronis True Image Server 9 & Remote Agent Help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Samaritans, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samaritans

Samaritans Registered Member

Here's the run down I have ATIS 9 & the remote agent on 3 servers.
    Server 1 and 2 are Windows 2003 with sp1 and are Domain and mail servers respectively​

Server 3 is a Windows 2000 server and is a SQL server
    My problem is when I try and image either server 1 or 2 I cannot save the image to a shared drive (even though it is listed) nor can I see the shared directory within the shared drive.
    Where as when I image Server 3 (which is a windows 2000 box) it displays the server that I want to dump the image too, then asks for the username/password, thus allowing me to access the shared folder and allows the image to be saved.....
    It is a bit confusing I know but any assistance would be greatly appreciated

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Samaritans,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please clarify, can you access those shares normally?

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to update all components (including remote agents, bootable medias) as they need to be the same build to interact properly.

Please try entering a full UNC path to the desired share folder (e.g. \\server\share\folder) and waiting a bit longer for Acronis True Image to present login and password request.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Samaritans

Thanks Marat....

1. Yes - I can access the shares normally (UNC style)
    2. I've checked the version 9.1 build 3854 (remote agent also same build on servers)
    3. If I manually enter the unc path instead of browsing the Microsoft Windows Network nothing it still just comes up with an error message:

You do not have enough privileges to create the file "UNC path". Please choose another location.

Which is quite confusing as it is run from the administrator account....

4. Samaritans

It's been a couple of months and nothing - anyone have any ideas

5. Acronis Support

Hello Samaritans,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly?

Please clarify, where is the shared drive connected to physically? Is it a network storage, external drive or internal drive? Please also create screenshots of your actions step-by-step up to the point where the problem appears.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Samaritans

I would love to submit a report to support but whenever I enter my serials into the ENTER YOUR SERIALS field and I submit them - it comes back and tells me the keys are already registered.

Then when I try and select a product from the drop down menu OR CHOOSE ONE OF THESE REGISTERED PRODUCTS - there is nothing listed....

NOTE: Any help just trying to submit a report would be greatly appreciated

ALSO - when I go to registered products it just displays that no updates are available and gives me the option to add new products.... HELP

7. Acronis Support

Hello Samaritans,

Please use this form to submit the support request. Please include the description of the problem with registering serial numbers as well (and the numbers themselves) into the request. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.