Acronis True Image - Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

Hello Acronis,I Want to suggest Some features or changes I Think that may make your pruduct Better:

When creating the secure zone [great feature] give the ability to create the zone in NTFS Or Fat32 ... Option 2 ..secure zone would use the same partition type that it take the space from when creating the secure zone

Add ability to protect A Backup image in secure zone by having the image protected so it can not be deleted for one full image only, say your 1st primary image so if something went wrong in one of your full backups you would have your original startup image that would be protected.

add ability to give warning when close to running out of space for secure zone to give you an idea how often or how much space your images are using.

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

And thus lose the quality that makes it "secure" in the first place?

3. icthrooyou

icthrooyou Registered Member

I agree with wdormann. I'm not a "techie", but I really don't see the reasoning behind even wanting to be able to select the file system for a SAFE ZONE?? It's not like you are going to be able to put stuff in there that's unrelated to Acronis anyway... Like wdormann aludes to...it's already secure because it's HIDDEN from the OS...if you go linking it to known file-systems, security pretty much goes out the Windows...pun intended. ;)

However, I DO agree that there needs to be a bit more information on what exactly IS in the SZ while you are working WITHIN ACRONIS... The interface only tells you how much space you've allocated and tells you how much you've used, but I think it would be helpful to know the file size of each individual file that is in the SZ. That way, you could gauge for yourself how long it would be before it fills up. Some sort of warning would probably be nice too for those who are less apt to stay on top of things.

Since we're on the subject of the SZ, can anyone tell me what is a good backup regimen using Acronis? Right now, I have a three part routine. I do a FULL backup to the SZ with nightly incrementals to the SZ. I also backup to a network drive w/incremental updates weekly. My final plug in the security hole is a full backup to DVD-RW's on a monthly schedule. I just started this routine after losing all my data back to 11/2003 last week. Fortunately, I had backed up last year using TI6 and had it all on DVD's. I should have been on a more frequent schedule, but we're also building a house right now...say no more. Any suggestions for improvement?

I'm wondering about the incremental backup. With incremental, don't you have to have all the files in succession in order to do a complete restore? Also along those lines, is there anyway that Acronis could ever do a DIFFERENTIAL backup, considering that it copies info by sector rather than by individual file data, right? If its possible for Acronis to do, it would be nice to be able to SELECT either incremental OR differential.

Just trying to get all this straight in my head...:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.