Acronis True Image & Rollback RX

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Smuck, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuck

Smuck Registered Member

Is there any software capable of cloning Rollback RX also ?

Tried Acronis True Image, but on recover of System Reserved + C partition + MBR track 0, Rollback RX was not working, so clearly some layers of data were gone.

Also tried Drive Cloner RX but it fails to create a bootable recover drive, so it doesn´t look promising.

The harddisk to clone is 238GB, though only about 40GB is used. So it seems poor if the whole disk has to be cloned in order to backup Rollback Rx + System Reserved

2. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

Try cloning by using the Acronis boot-disk, that should work. A couple of years ago, when I was an RB user, I would make Acronis sector-by-sector image backups (using the boot-disk) which restored my RB system properly.

TS

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  3. Smuck

Smuck Registered Member

Thanks

4. The Shadow

With either cloning or imaging the only complete way with ATI is to use the boot-disk (as suggested above), to accurately capture the entire drive or partition in question.

That said, you should be able to make a normal ATI backup from within Windows (just the used-sectors) of your RB system. This will result in a much smaller file and the backup will take much less time. The downside to this approach is that you will only capture the current system state (no snapshots) and upon restoring your drive/partition you will find that RB is broken and needs to be re-installed.

TS

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  5. Smuck

Smuck Registered Member

Windows Create System Image fails for some reason, maybe SSD incompatibility. But guess it´s possible to capture all layers when doing the backup from external boot. Maybe AX64 time machine can do it just as well. Just like Rollback Rx menues and features.

6. The Shadow

Well all of the above worked exactly as I described as of a couple of years ago (with an HDD).

Since then I abandoned ATI and RB (and I have no experience with SSDs). ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.