Acronis True Image restore problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bvujic, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvujic

bvujic Registered Member

Hi all,

I’m trying to setup Acronis True Image 9.1, to create snap backup image in secure zone, so I can make full restore of system with all drivers and software preinstalled. I followed instruction in documentation, but when i press F11, enter recovery manager, select restore, chose secured zone backup, and try snap restore, I receiving error “No boot volume found in the image”.

It seams that I missed some parts. Please advice!

2. youp

youp Registered Member

3. bvujic

bvujic Registered Member

Thanks for your post.

I’m not restoring anything from DVD-ROM, I’m trying to restore from Secured Zone. My MB is MS-7258 (V-class), and I think this is some nvidia chipset…

4. bvujic

bvujic Registered Member

Nobody have any ideas?

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I don't know the cause of your problem, but nowadays, it is better to NOT use the SZ .... instead of that, use an external hard drive. If your system drive fails for whatever reason you'll also lose what is in the SZ.

6. bvujic

bvujic Registered Member

I have domain with 200 computers and roaming profiles, so most of data is safe. I want to make restore of operating system every six month, so all trash which possible causing system to slow down, or to some application not working well will disappear, since I will restore clear preconfigured operating system.

Having to many HDD is not solutions…

Do you have any other solution?

7. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

Was the Secure Zone Created on the local HDD or a removable HDD ie USB?

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bvujic,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to reactivate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Medias after updating.

Please make sure there's an image of a supported operating system inside Acronis Secure Zone. Acronis Snap Restore supports only NT family Windows operating systems (Windows Vista is not supported). Please notice that it's strongly recommended to create an image of the entire system hard drive.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - reproduce the issue;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please also create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. bvujic

bvujic Registered Member

Respected,

Thanks on your help.

I’m using trial version (Build # 3887). I have to test it first (because of situation like this) before we make real order. I’m not using Windows Vista, I’m using Windows XP SP2.

Is there any additional option which I have to enable, before creating backup?

I’m not shore that I can open ticket with trial version….

Please advice

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bvujic,

Please notice that we work on resolving problems arising with trial version as well, so our customers could be sure that the product works for them even before purchasing it. Please collect the requested information and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.