Acronis True Image indiviual file back up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Adam., Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam.

Adam. Registered Member

Hello, how do you make a back up of individual files using Acronis True Image? I tryed making an individual file back up but they still came out as an Image on my external drive.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

All backup files, whether disk/partition or files/folders, are .tib files.

3. Adam.

Adam. Registered Member

Really? so theres no way to just make a backup without them also being .tib images. I supose I could just use copy and paste hey if I wanted to do that.

4. TheWeaz

When TI creates a backup image, the resulting file is always a .tib file. Just like PK Zip always creates a .zip file no matter whether it contains a single file or an entire HD.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

That's what I would do. No sense using a steamroller (True Image) to open a peanut (your files). :D :D As the Longhorn tv advertisment says, "You could do it but ..... why!" :cool: :cool:

6. TheWeaz

I have a number of specific folders I want to backup on a regular basis. It’s much easier to set up a task and run that than it is to keep reselecting the folders to drag/drop.

7. Adam.

Adam. Registered Member

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. I'm relatively new to using Acronis but can see its a lot better than other programmes for doing a similar job.

8. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Another option for files & folders backup:
    If you're running XP, why not use the included XP backup program. While it cannot burn direct to CD/DVD, it does offer several useful backup functions.

While Acronis is great for full disk imaging, the same cannot be said for the restoring of files from backups created by the Files and folders options. Currently, there are problems with that particular restore function. (IMHO)

My recommendation would be to

..a. continue using Acronis for full image backups; and
    ..b. use the XP backup program (or another of your choosing) when making backups of single files or file folders--such as MyDocuments and your emails, etc. These XP backups can be made to an external drive; or to the same drive and then moved/copied to CD/DVD using your normal burn program--providing you limit backup file sizes to fit the proper blank media.

9. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

You have my vote for governor ... Governor Grover ... hmm nice ring to it. :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.