Acronis True Image Home fails to install Windows 7 64-bit

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by qzex, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qzex

qzex Registered Member

It says "The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Home could be installed." I tried clearing both my Temp folders (C:\Windows\Temp and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp), downloading the installer multiple times, installing for the current user only, running in Vista compatibility mode, and running in Safe Mode with the Windows Installer service enabled in Safe Mode. It fails even if I install it right after I format the disk and reinstall Windows.

Attached is the log using verbose logging of the MSI file, in three pieces. Just cut and paste the second piece to the end of the first to get the whole thing. (The maximum attachment size is 1 MB, which is why it's in three pieces.)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello qzex,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Officially none of the Acronis software supports Windows 7, so we can’t analyze or perform any diagnostic regarding this question/issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Win 7 is only a beta. Acronis doesn't support it and probably won't support a win7 product until it reaches the RTM stage. I don't think any of the backup/imaging software vendors support the beta product. Acronis doesn't predict dates of new builds or versions.

Otoh, it appears that the ATI boot CD can handle disks with win7 set up. So you need to find another machine on which to install ATI so you can create a boot disk.

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Several others have reported that they couldn't install TI on a Win7 64-bit system. However, TI and Disk Director are working fine for me on Win7 32-bit.

5. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Yes I too can confirm that TI 2009 installs and works fine on W7 32 bit. However, I'm not over enamoured with W7 from what I've experienced so far and have gone back to Vista which I've liked since Day 1.

6. SAK

SAK Registered Member

I just installed TI 11 (build 8,101) on my system running Windows 7 (64 bit) and had no problems during installation. I also just ran the Recovery Disk Wizard and created a recovery CD with no issues. Have not run any backups yet.

Steve

7. dpokluda

dpokluda Registered Member

8. qzex

qzex Registered Member

This is probably stupid, but where in the world do I update Windows 7 to later builds?

9. bobkn

bobkn Registered Member

qzek,

If you're using the public beta (build 7000) like me, you don't. MS has not made newer builds available to the public. The 32 bit version of build 7022 has been posted on the torrent sites, but not the X64 one, as far as I have seen. Newer builds may show up in torrent searches, but they tend to be fake, and probably malicious. (One obvious sign: the X64 version of build 7000 was larger than 3 GB. The fake ones tend to be less than a third of that size.)

Let us hope that the Release Candidate is made publicly available, and that it arrives reasonably soon. (I believe that Microsoft hasn't promised that the RC will be public, but the Vista X64 RC was, so I hope that 7 will be the same.)

10. qzex

qzex Registered Member

If a newer build arrives, then where would I download it? Windows Update?

11. dpokluda

dpokluda Registered Member

No. You would have to get it from Microsoft (most probably through MSDN subscription).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.