Acronis True Image Home 9.0 - Need Bootable Image File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WelcomePhoenix, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WelcomePhoenix

WelcomePhoenix Registered Member

Hello All,

I have Acronis True Image Home 9.0, and I have a difficult time to figure out how to backup files as bootable image file (.iso). I used the "backup" utility on this software, but it cannot boot to it. I am using Windows XP Media Edition on Dell XPS M170 Notebook.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. MerlinAZ

MerlinAZ Registered Member

The file created is an image, a .tib file.
    It can't be booted. It's not an .iso.
    You must have a boot CD created from the software, boot from that, choose the backup file to restore, and let the software do it.

3. WelcomePhoenix

Thanks for the info! But how do I create a boot CD from the software? It only creates a TIB file vs. ISO file. I guess I'm confused in steps I need to take.

Thanks again!

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Create Bootable Rescue Media on the left of the main screen or under Tools.

FYI, the bootable rescue media (Full) is a Linux environment so if you look at the CD with Windows it doesn't see much. It is all graphic so you don't even know you are using Linux. The Safe mode of the bootable rescue media uses DOS and BIOS routines which on most cases means it will not support USB external drives, Firewire, etc. It is also much slower. Use Full.

Create the Rescue Media.
    Boot up the PC with it and select the archive you wish to restore from wherever it is stored.
    Restore the archive. It is usually a good idea to Validate it before restoring because TI will wipe the disk and attempt the restore; if the archive is corrupted then it will quit and everything is gone.

You should always test your rescue media accessing the archive and validating it as a minimum since this is what you have to be able to run if you have a HD failure.

Anytime you upgrade your TI build, create a new rescue CD to it has the latest fixes and features.

5. WelcomePhoenix

Thanks! I will try this thing today when I get home.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WelcomePhoenix,
    Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Along with the seekforever's instructions would like to recommend that you find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to create Acronis True Image Bootable CD in Chapter 9. "Creating Bootable Media" User's Guide.

We also recommend that you take a look at Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page, Acronis Public Knowledge Base and this article providing the illustrated instructions on Acronis True Image 9.0 Home installation and usage.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.