acronis true image home 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aurgolo, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurgolo

aurgolo Registered Member

Helo guys,
    i bought 2 days ago the boxed version of acronis true image home 2009 (i think is the latest ver., but not sure) , i installed it but after reboot the machine started to have a strange behaviour: external drives (i have 3) not recognized anymore, dvd movies not readable (probably also the cd player could not work), when launched true image it started analyzing the machine for 1 hour then i hard rebooted......
    i tried to uninstall, but it stopped in the middle of the process......... fortunately i had another image of the machine i took 1 month ago with driveimage and re-installed (but it is currently not working with sp3 this is why i switched to true image), but now i dont know what to do...... maybe is because i have xp-pro with sp3 ? my machine is: AMD phenom 3ple-core 8450 2100 MHz, motherboard Asus M3A78, 2 mb ram, BIOS AMI (07/04/0:cool:, it think is 64 bit, maybe for that it does not work? attached u find all details

thanks anybody who helps me, ciao

andrea

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The issue you have experienced is well-known and is already fixed by the latest build of the program. The latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 is build #9709. You can find out the build number by making right-click on the installation package -> Properties -> Version -> File version. The last digits will show you the build number.

Please register the license on our web site and download the latest build of the program.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. aurgolo

ok thank you, im already registered in ur web site, i will download the latest ver. and install, then i come back to you and update

many tks for ur support oleg, ciao

andrea

4. aurgolo

sorry oleg, i have one question: i was in ur web site and in my account page in the "Registered products and support" section i found a Plugins but it is different Build (#9633 Size: 86.69 MB Date: March 3, 2009)

But if i download the 15 days trial from the acronis web site it is the ver. 9709.......

So what to do? I download the 15 days trial and then i put my serial number for activation? but why i have a different ver. in my account page?

thank you for support oleg, let me know what's the best

ciao ciao

a

5. homeport

homeport Registered Member

Oleg,
    I updated to 9709 and my serial number no longer showed up in the ALT/Help/About window. I tried reregistering but a message came back saying that I had already registered. I don't know if I was put into a Trial or Full version. How do I get back my serial number? AND how do I tell if I have a Trial or Full version?
    Thanks

6. Acronis Support

Hello Andrea and homeport,

Andrea, build #9709 is the latest build for the English version of Acronis True Image Home 2009. The latest build, for example, for the Italian version is #9633, we haven't released #9709 for the Italian version. The English version will not accept an Italian license. If you want me to substitute the license with an English one, please let me know your account on our web site via PM.

homeport, the serial number disappeared from Help/About after installing build #9709, we reported about it to our developers. You shouldn't worry, you do have the full version.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. aurgolo

ok let's proceed to substitute the licence with an english one, ive sent u a private message (to ur attention in acronis support) hope i did it in the right way

let me know, ciao

8. Acronis Support

Hello Andrea,

I have sent you the new license via PM. Also, I have disabled the old one.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

9. aurgolo

dear oleg, ive done as u suggested, registered in the acronis web site, downloaded the latest ver. 9707 and installed..........but unfortunately im experiencing the same problem: i launch true image and it starts analyzing the drive D ......... and freezes
    I also tried to launch acronis report and it also freezes analyzing the D drive....
    Dont know what to say....... please check the .txt report i attached in the first post of this thread (everest report) surely there is some software incompatibility (ATI catalyst, creative soundblaster, others)

In order to help you i also attach some screenshots of the error messages i get when trying to use acronis, hope it helps

i wait for ur replay, tks for ur help

andrea

Attached Files:

10. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What utilities do you have running in the background?

Do you have any programs installed on D drive that are running?

In Services is DistributedTransactions running?

Is drive D a network drive or do you ahve a network drive attached?

Have you made a Rescue CD yet and see if that works?

Is your version of XP defintiely 64bit or is it 32bit?

Colin

11. Acronis Support

Dear Andrea,

Something is wrong. We should obtain some info about your D drive. Could you please obtain Acronis Report from a CD? I have sent the appropriate file to you via PM. Please attach the obtained file to your post.

Also, could you please answer Colins' questions?

You can find Distributed Transaction Coordinator at Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Services, find "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" and click on it

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

12. aurgolo

hello guys,

in the D drive i only have my documents, photos, images..... but for what i remeber no applications installed and running from the D: drive

about the DistributedTransactions i dont know what is it, i will try to get some info and come back to you

D: is not a network drive but is a partition of the main drive which is splitted in C: (100gb) and D: (400 gb) as a standard for any PC

i did not try with any rescue disk as when it freezes i restore the last working image i took with driveimage 7.0 (it is from one month ago but ok) the point is that now after some updates driveimage is not longer working and this is why i switched to acronis

i dont know if my PC is a 64 bit, i bought it last december and installed XP pro, but if you read the attached report (taken with everest) in my first post of this thread maybe u can discover something

im travelling on business for 2 weeks, so when i come back home i will download the file oleg sent me and try to run acronis report from a bootable CD. Consider that now i reinstalled again the last working image from driveimage 7.0 cause when im home i use the PC and cannot afford to keep it frozen

hear from you soon and tks for ur support, please try to give a look to the .txt report attached to this thread maybe u find something interesting

13. Acronis Support

Hello all,

aurgolo, this issue could be caused by some kind of hard drive corruption. Could you please check the disks for errors?

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r"
    where DISK is the partition letter you need to check. Please note, that
    checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

Please also check the following:

- Open Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and make sure
    that Volume Shadow Copy is started. If it is not, please start it and
    change the Startup Type to Automatic.

- that COM+ System Application is started. If it is not, please start it and
    change the Startup Type to Automatic.

- that Distributed Transaction Coordinator is started. If it is not, please
    start it and change the Startup Type to Automatic.

Please clarify the following: what happens when you are trying to perform the same operations from CD version of our program? If it is successful, it means that issue caused by some application running under Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

14. aurgolo

thank you alex for ur support, im currently travelling on business and will be back in milano on april 6th, when home i will perform all tests u require and come back to u

one question: where do i find the COM+ System Application and the Distributed Transaction Coordinator? Always in the Administrative Tools -> Services?

i did not try to run the application from the CD, i will and come back to u

if you give a look to the pictures, u find that the ccc.exe application fails...... if im not wrong it is referred to the ATI control panel software which is always working in background in my PC.....maybe it has something to do with the crash? Did u have in the past any other incompatibility experience with the ATI software?

referring to the main drive partitioned in C and D ....... i bought the PC last december.....so i hope that the disk is in good conditions.....i hope...;-)))

anyway lets wait when i go back home and run all tests, in the meanwhile tks for ur help well solve it somehow.....

ciaociao

andrea

ps: the instant email notification alert does not work, i have to check manually if somebody answer to me.....

15. Acronis Support

Hello aurgolo,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

COM+ System Application and Distributed Transaction Coordinator located in Control Panel -> Services. Looking forward to hearing the results.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

16. aurgolo

ok guys im back home for a couple of days

attached u find the acronis report i took through the tool you sent me, i burned a CD and then boot from the CD itself .....and then run the acronis report tool........ hope the report it will help u

i found all the 3 services (com+, distributed and volume shadow) in control panel>services .........all of them were set on manual .........so i turned all to automatic (i attach some screenshoot hoping that i found the right services cause my PC is in italian language.....please tell me if ok or not)

i think that i still should try to:

-run acronis backup from the bootable CD
    -check D: drive for errors

i will do both tests tomorrow, in the meanwhile u can start having a look to the report and screenshots

thank u for ur support, hear from u soon, ciao

andrea

Attached Files:

17. aurgolo

I just tried to run acronis backup from the bootable CD..... i run the safe mode and it started the C: backup job....... but the estimated time was 3 hours........is it normal? 3 hours for a backup?

tell me, the C: drive is about 26 Gb and the backup files were stored in a lacie external drive

after 1 hour i stopped the job as i had to do something on the PC

let me know what u think, hear from u soon

a

18. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

That sounds as though either there is a driver problem or the USB port is running at USB 1.1 speed.

Are you not able to use the FULL mode of the Rescue CD?

If you have the drive attached through an external hub, then unplug it and try it plugged in directly.

If the drive is plugged into a front panel port, try plugging it into a rear port.

If possible make sure the drive is switched on before booting the PC.

Colin

19. aurgolo

Colin i tried yesterday evening to run acronis in full mode from the installation CD.......... what happened is the following:

estimated time 13 hours.........
    after 30 minutes i had an error message saying "unable to write on the disk..." so i stopped the backup and re-booted the machine

I did not move the external H disk from the original location (connected to an USB hub which is connected to a rear USB port) ..... i can try to connect the drive directly to a USB port in front of my PC but i do not think much will change.........

let me know what you think...... and if i should run some other test

i also tried to check the D: drive but when i type the command "chkdsk DISK: /r" .............it ask to unmount the drive ........and before saying yes i ask you if it is ok or if i risk to make some disaster (like delete all files on the drive........ )

ciao, hear from you soon

a

20. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

TI is known to have problems when using an external hub, so it is definitely worth trying.

Unmounting a drive will not delete your files. Windows unmounts your drives for example when closing down and when you click on the remove icon for usb drives. All unmounting does is to remove information about the drive from Windows memory so as far as it is concerned the drive contents do not exist, if it does not exist it can't access it.

Colin

21. aurgolo

Colin...... ur right..... i tried to run acronis from the installation CD in FULL mode and store the backup file in the drive D: which is a partition of the PC main drive ....so no USB connections and no external drive........and it worked well, 30 minutes to backup the C: drive....... very good.......

I also ran the chkdsk /r on the D: drive, i followed ur instructions and unmounted the drive.......and no error found (see attached)

So at the end of the game we discovered the following:

-acronis works in FULL mode but only if i run it from the installation CD and do not use external drives
    -my PC should be in good health as no errors have been found on the disk
    -surely there is some conflict between acronis and some software installed (which one?.....any idea?)
    -ive set on automatic the 3 services: com+, distributed and volume shadow......... maybe it is the solution?

any other idea?

Attached Files:

22. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I still think you should try connecting the external drive directly to the PC rather than through the hub.

You really should see a difference. Your USB ports are definitely USB2.0?

Colin

23. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

This posting might help. As Bodgy suggests, try connecting to the rear usb ports and try an alternate usb cable if you have one. I have a mix of regular usb drives, usb enclosures and sata/usb docking units and Acronis works well with them.

The usb units must be powered up. Does the externals have their own power supply?

"Western Digital My Book External Hard Drive & Acronis True Image"
    This posting comprises two pages and 25 replies. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=144460

Contact acronios support and they can usually offer an alternate Rescue CD with different drivers.

24. Ron Green

Ron Green Registered Member

Andrea,
    I just finished about 3 weeks ago putting together a new system using XP Pro. Against my better judgement, I made the mistake and installed SP3. I am now back at SP2. The install of SP3 resulted in all kinds of both hardware and software nightmares. Once I was back at SP2, things settled down dramatically.

25. aurgolo

ok guys i can connect the external drive directly to the PC...... but why? if i save the image file in the D drive it works perfectly........ in anycase i will try and come back to u

about the SP3 i think it i included in the win installation CD and if not how i can unistall it?

lets wait the acronis support, i attached the report.txt file and maybe they find a solution, the point is that true image does not work under windows but only from the intallation CD, maybe they will release a new version

thank u all for support, now i try to connect the external drives directly to the PC, of course all USB ports r 2.0 and external drives r regularly powered by their own suppliers

ciao hear from u soon

andrea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.